Bino upgrade, what ones?

DLo1990

FNG
Hey everyone,

I live and hunt in British Columbia and have been using vortex diamondback 10x42 the past 3 years. I’ve upgraded all my other gear and need to upgrade my binos next.

My budget is $1500 Canadian. What does everyone suggest?

I’ve done a ton of research and can’t come to a decision. From what I’ve read most people are recommending a used pair of Swaros. Would love to here what everyone thinks.

Thanks for the help!

mddat

FNG
I’m also in BC and love my Swaro’s, if you can find a used pair I wouldn’t hesitate but if not I’d be looking at either the Zeiss conquest HD or the Leica Trinovid in 10x42. Cabelas Canada has the Zeiss on sale for $1199 right now. I’ve looked through them and there great glass.

OP
D

DLo1990

FNG
Welcome to RS
Take a look at this thread as 8x and 10x's are a very similar search
Great thanks for this
I’m also in BC and love my Swaro’s, if you can find a used pair I wouldn’t hesitate but if not I’d be looking at either the Zeiss conquest HD or the Leica Trinovid in 10x42. Cabelas Canada has the Zeiss on sale for $1199 right now. I’ve looked through them and there great glass
Mddat: I’ve been looking for a pair of used swaros on here in 10x42 and wanted to message the guy but can’t because I haven’t been a member for 7 days yet unfortunately. I went and looked through the Zeiss conquest and the eye cups provided such little eye relief that there was lots of shadow/black while looking through them from my eye lashes I’m guessing.

atmat

WKR
Used alpha glass will be much better than new, lower-quality glass. I’m partial to Swaro ELs, but the SLCs can be found cheaper.

I use the 8.5x42, but that’s personal preference.

OP
D

DLo1990

FNG
Used alpha glass will be much better than new, lower-quality glass. I’m partial to Swaro ELs, but the SLCs can be found cheaper.

I use the 8.5x42, but that’s personal preference.
Appreciate the feedback!

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
I’d look for some used SLC’s or the Zeiss Conquests. Some SLC’s for sale right now in the classified section.

Last edited:

Llama32

WKR
Classified Approved
Hey everyone,

I live and hunt in British Columbia and have been using vortex diamondback 10x42 the past 3 years. I’ve upgraded all my other gear and need to upgrade my binos next.

My budget is $1500 Canadian. What does everyone suggest?

I’ve done a ton of research and can’t come to a decision. From what I’ve read most people are recommending a used pair of Swaros. Would love to here what everyone thinks.

Thanks for the help!
Vortex Fury AB , you get Three in one less gear your hauling around