Bino tripod adapters

sdr

FNG
for the Swaro EL you can send them to Outdoorsmans and they will drill and tap for the attachment. They said they have the approval from Swaro and it won't void the warranty. I just got the EL Range and this is what I am doing. I have been using the Outdoorsmans adaptor on my binos for years and haven't had any problems at all with it.

Maah Daah Hey

Lil-Rokslider
I have some razor HD 12x50s and am looking at an adapter for my tripod. Any experience with these binos and an adapter that works for them would be great.

I have both the vortex unidaptor and the standard adaptor. The unidaptor is a POS! It is a bad fit in the female receiver and makes my binos wobble on my tripod. It is also too long and pokes me in the chest. I am a fitter and turner so I modified it and its much better now but still a POS. I went back to the standard vortex adaptor and haven't looked back.

dotman

WKR
Just noticed this thread, I finally took the plunge and drilled the end cap off my Zeiss, it has the 1/4 20 threads already that the cap screws into but they are red locktited in or something and there isn't a way to really get it to unscrew. Now that I have an actual place to put a good adapter I ended up going with the Vortex Uni-Daptor, it is made by Jim White here in the US and I like the design overall. I don't see how it could be irritating even though it stays on the binos, it isn't very long. Guess time will tell.

69ChrisCraft

Lil-Rokslider
Just noticed this thread, I finally took the plunge and drilled the end cap off my Zeiss, it has the 1/4 20 threads already that the cap screws into but they are red locktited in or something and there isn't a way to really get it to unscrew. Now that I have an actual place to put a good adapter I ended up going with the Vortex Uni-Daptor, it is made by Jim White here in the US and I like the design overall. I don't see how it could be irritating even though it stays on the binos, it isn't very long. Guess time will tell.

Was this on your Conquest HDs?

69ChrisCraft

Lil-Rokslider
Yup, I think Rizzy did it last year but I was too big of a wimp until this year. Took me an entire min to do.

I'm still nervous. You don't have any experience with the Zeiss adaptor?.... $90 is absurd but I'd hate to have to use the warranty one day.

dotman

WKR
I'm still nervous. You don't have any experience with the Zeiss adaptor?.... $90 is absurd but I'd hate to have to use the warranty one day.

Nope it was too expensive for me, I really don't see how removing the end cap will effect the warranty, heck just tell them it fell out. Just make sure you take it easy drilling.

WyoElk

WKR
Nope it was too expensive for me, I really don't see how removing the end cap will effect the warranty, heck just tell them it fell out. Just make sure you take it easy drilling.

I called them about this and they told me it was no problem. The guy even explained to me how hard they are to get out and suggested needle nosed pliers. Also told me that if I want a replacement cap they would send me one.