Bino Harnesses

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
The enclosed Marsupual harnesses are the best. Full stop

They do use a magnet. That magnet will throw off a kestral's compass if you get it too close. Thats their only con
Will throw off yours phone nav and send you the long way through every deadfall patch it can find. I like marsupial harness better than the Kuiu pro I bought 1st, but the Marsupial will not be going when I need navigation.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Will throw off yours phone nav and send you the long way through every deadfall patch it can find. I like marsupial harness better than the Kuiu pro I bought 1st, but the Marsupial will not be going when I need navigation.
I can't comment on that. I don't use/need phone nav

EDIT: I realize now you were not asking IF it does that. You are stating that it does. That stinks bigtime. Good to know

Last edited:
Took me a while to figure out what was going on. Turned a short pack out into a memorable chore.

Any idea what distance your phone needs to be from the magnet for this not to happen? I’ve had my OnX wig out plenty of times in the field when I’m standing there holding my phone, I always assumed it was just my phone or a glitch in the app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Any idea what distance your phone needs to be from the magnet for this not to happen? I’ve had my OnX wig out plenty of times in the field when I’m standing there holding my phone, I always assumed it was just my phone or a glitch in the app

I think I had the phone riding in the pouch listening to something. Within arms length was no good, but might have buggered it by having it in the pouch.

Cathunt

FNG
I love my Eberlestock Bino harness. There are two sizes, I think I have the smaller for my 10x42 Leupolds. It's very well thought out. Magnet closure. Plenty of molle for attaching rangefinder pouches. I'm very happy with it.

ncavi8tor

WKR

I took my Marsupial Fully Enclosed pack outside yesterday and was playing with my OnX app(Android phone). The compass was not affected at all as long as I held the phone out in front of me to the point where my elbow was slightly bent. In other words not quite fully outstretched. When I started bringing my phone in towards my chest the compass would freeze and not move correctly as I turned my body. Moving the phone away again would unfreeze the compass and it would move correctly. I was testing it at known compass headings. It does not appear to be an issue for me!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

+1 for the Marsupial enclosed harness. The modular system from marsupial is awesome, they have numerous pouches for a ton of different configurations. From my research, and personal use, the magnet doesnt affect iphones. I read somewhere that it affects andriods (cant verify this because I dont have an android..seems like its true based on the post above).