Bino Harness

logomount

FNG
I just got my Outdoor Vision Ridgetop and I love it. I was torn between it and Sitka Bivy (new version).

The OV Ridgetop sits high on the chest, is quiet, and has full coverage. Checked all the boxes on my list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dooger

FNG
FHF. Looked hard at the AGC and the Marsupial. The AGC seems too bulky and rides quite low. It is reported that the Marsupial’s magnet effect a compass and GPS.

ORhunter74

Lil-Rokslider
The Outdoor Vision is great. The thing I like about it that a lot of the others don’t do, is that it opens forward vs back up and towards your body/face/neck areas. It actually creates a nice little temporary pocket in the inside of the lid when it’s folded forward.
It’s just minimalist enough to not be bulky, but still has some extra pockets. Just be aware that the pockets on the front and bottom won’t let you put much in them without creating a bulge on the inside of the bino pocket.
The magnets do a great job keeping it open and closed and really aren’t that loud, as people express concern about. Unless you pull the lid way out from your chest and let it snap back, it’s not going to make any game scaring noises.
I ran the old Kuiu harness for about two years prior to this and I like a lot about it too. The new one looks like it fixes most, if not all the complaints I had with the old one. If my Outdoor Vision one ever disappears, I’ll be looking at the new Kuiu. You probably can’t go wrong with most of the big name ones, as long as they have the features you’re wanting (lid forward or upwards opening, pockets galore or few, etc.) Good luck!

I have an AGC and a Marsupial. The AGC has a lot of pockets and I can put my rangefinder , iphone and other things in it. Trade off is its bulky . My Marsupial is new to me and more minimalist and pretty much I will just carry the binos ,cleaning cloth and windchecker. Its more comfortable for me and I guess I will use it over the AGC about 80 percent of my hunting.
Doing it over again I would take a hard look at the outdoor vision harness. It looks like a happy medium between my two harnesses.

Brendan

WKR
AGC with a Marsupial harness, K clips and Tri-glides for the top attachments. Auto-locks for the lower attachments.

jd65

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Badlands Bino XR and am happy with it. It's very convenient having my binos, rangefinder and other small essentials right there easy to reach and will never hunt without it. It has held up well and in my opinion the build quality is very good. It was well worth the purchase.

Vandy321

WKR
AGC with a Marsupial harness, K clips and Tri-glides for the top attachments. Auto-locks for the lower attachments.

Can you post a picture of your setup? My ONLY complaint with my AGC is those upper buckles.

hunterjmj

WKR
I've been running the badlands binoX and love it but I'm going to upgrade to the XR for its many pockets and rangefinder pocket. It was a little weird getting use to a Bino harness at first but I'd never go without one now.

Brendan

WKR
Can you post a picture of your setup? My ONLY complaint with my AGC is those upper buckles.
Wasn't my idea, copied from someone else here, but here you go:
5f24327e7aa8197641a8caacf0aea796.jpg

come2elmo

WKR
FHF. Looked hard at the AGC and the Marsupial. The AGC seems too bulky and rides quite low. It is reported that the Marsupial’s magnet effect a compass and GPS.
Trying the FHF as stated above the AGC is too bulky and rides too low for me. The flat top is handy for storing a cell phone though.

I have both the FHF and Marsupial. Liked both but use the Marsupial more because I like the flaps and how they fold out of the way. I did make a couple mods because I didn’t like the large buckles or the plastic rings that attach the bino straps.
fab92adaccb6938909a5fe957679669f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregory r

Lil-Rokslider
The agc is absolutely top quality. The best for the most protection from dust and such. I don't care for how deep the binos sit in the pouch. To grab them quickly, one handed, while watching an animal, for me is hard to do without poking my fingers onto the eye lenses.

The marsupial is top quality also. The magnets affected my compass too much for comfort. Ease of one-handed removal and insertion of binoculars is great. When the lid is closed, it goes over the eye lenses at an angle, which leaves half of them exposed to dust and such.

The FHF for me is the perfect solution. Top quality construction. Unlike the Marsupial, when the lid is closed, it seals across the top of the eye lenses, keeping them dust free. I run the small with x42 binos, so there is plenty of bino to grab one handed, without looking, and not smearing my fingers across the eye lenses. If I am not conserned with dirt, I just tuck the lid between my chest and the harness, and then it is just like the Marsupial with the lid down. I do use the agc straps with the FHF, because I'm a big guy, and it is just more comfortable for me.