Bino Harness modifications for Swaro NL’s?

I still haven’t found a great bino harness for my Swaro NL Pure 10x42’s with the Forehead rest attached.

Most harnesses that fit the NL’s, even without the FRP, have too much internal volume, as you normally have to size up to a medium or large pouch in order to fit the length of them.
Add the FRP and the ability to close the lid becomes an issue.

Has anyone take a harness and modified the top flap so that it can close over the FRP nicely? I could see either a stretch panel or a ‘bump out’ of some sort.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
My 12 NLs fit in both my Stone Glacier and Sitka Mountain Harness very well; just barely with no slop.

OP
B_Reynolds_AK
My 12 NLs fit in both my Stone Glacier and Sitka Mountain Harness very well; just barely with no slop.
Mountain Harness is way overkill and bulky for me and I can’t get along with the SG as well as I hoped. Are you using these with the FRP attached?

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Yep I don’t ever take the forehead rest off. You know the side pockets are removable on the Sitka right? It has really grown on me. I wanted to throw it away the first time I used it but as I got used to it I like it more and more.

The small marsupial enclosed works great. I run my 12’s with the Aziak bino clamp on them and I love the fit. I don’t use the forehead rest thing though

JWM

FNG
The large size stone glacier fits my 12x42 NL’s with forehead rest perfectly. You just have to adjust the hood to fit the forehead rest instead of following the SG instructions

hunt1up

WKR
I use a Marsupial with the head rest and it fits just dandy. Binos don't flop around and the lid closes easily. I forget what size it is. Whichever they recommend for 12x42 and headrest. I'm very happy with it.

wyosteve

WKR
I use the large Alaskan Guide Creations for my 12x42 NL's with Outdoorsman stud and FRP attached and it works fine.

rickw162

FNG
I have a pair of NL12x42’s, how do you like the headrest attachment? Haven’t tried one yet. The new Kifaru harness might be the ticket for you. I actually just sent mine back, still prefer my Marsupial gear.