Big Buddy Heater Fan/No Fan

Looking at getting one of these, but it’s difficult to find one with the fan. Is the fan necessary? Will I be satisfied without the model without the fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love mine and they are a Radiant Heater so the "fan" isn't needed as much as you might think.

depends, I use one in a 10 x 14 tent and no fan needed at all. used one in a 16 x 20 tent for a week once and it did not need a fan either.

Without a fan should work fine. If you use it and decide you want a fan, order a heat powered stove fan and it'll help push air. Plus then you won't have to deal with batteries for the Mr Heater.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I bought a heat powered fan (see attached) for my Buddy heater. I tried a battery powered fan but it does not work as it needs to be close to the heat source and plastic and heat don't mix.

After two hunts in < 20F temps, I figured circulating the warm air from the side of the tent (Kodiak 10x14) where the heater is to the side where I sleep makes a lot of sense. I do need to Dremel this to fit on the heater.

Eddie

Attachments

• FAN.PNG
    FAN.PNG
    316.8 KB · Views: 24
I dont feel that the internal fan in mine makes that big of a difference honestly. You can feel the heat a little farther out initially but its not like its blowing it several feet.

I loved mine with the fan, but the fan did break after a couple years and I’ve never felt need to replace it. I used mine as more of a heater for work spaces to break the chill. I don’t spend much time in cold conditions anymore.

We have used the fan on ours. Works ok. A generator and box fan really move air and dry things out, though.

Back