Bi-annual bow sell-off dates

sacklunch

WKR
Obviously the time between big game archery season and the holidays sees a massive influx of bows for sale.

Is there a best time to buy in spring? When everyone is unloading theory old bows with the new arrivals for '23?

Looking to snag a year or two old bow, but I'm certainly not paying nearly new prices and things seem to run the gambit. I bought a V3X 2 summers ago for $1200 new...ive seen them now as high as $1200, bare, used and as low as $700 bare (thats more like it).

Any advice/best time of the off-season to snag a deal?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
From my experience, the best time to snag something (regardless what it is) is when you find exactly what you want at a price you're willing to pay for it. I find it's best to come up with these details prior to actually "needing" said item. That way you stick to your guns and don't over pay "just because now you need it". You can also make offers, but be prepared to walk away if you don't get the deal you want. Demand tends to grow for hunting gear the closer we get to hunting season.

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely above. I’ll cruise the classifieds here and on AT and see stuff pop up all the time that’s a good deal I’d like to have. If you really want something get your cash together for your price point and be diligent on checking the classifieds. Good stuff pops up all the time.

To actually answer your question - I’d say you’ll really start seeing bows hit the market around late April and on up to (and through) new drop dates. April is usually enough time for people to have gotten their new bows and shot them enough to decide what they want to keep and what they want to sell.

NYSKIER

WKR
Like everyone above said AT classsifieds and here are great places to look. If you’re into setting up bows yourself campfire actually has some nice bows on big sale in the spring

Haha, I’ve been close. There are a lot of button pushers there, I guess everywhere but the a-hole ratio is much lower here.