BHA seems “all-in” with Biden

Makes sense to me that they would be ready for a new administration after the last ones attitude towards public land. I joined yesterday for a year because they have a local chapter I can check out and see if it’s a group I can meet some folks interested in the outdoors and do some local conservation projects with. Republicans want to take your lands Democrats want to take your guns. An over simplification by far but you can still go hunt with a bow but you can’t hunt without land. No one is ever going to find a party that perfectly matches their views. Seems like an advocacy group for public land is pretty much something we can all be on board with even if there are groups that we think do better. From the few interviews I’ve listened to with/about the group they seem legit.

WCB

WKR
Makes sense to me that they would be ready for a new administration after the last ones attitude towards public land. I joined yesterday for a year because they have a local chapter I can check out and see if it’s a group I can meet some folks interested in the outdoors and do some local conservation projects with. Republicans want to take your lands Democrats want to take your guns. An over simplification by far but you can still go hunt with a bow but you can’t hunt without land. No one is ever going to find a party that perfectly matches their views. Seems like an advocacy group for public land is pretty much something we can all be on board with even if there are groups that we think do better. From the few interviews I’ve listened to with/about the group they seem legit.
Did you really just dismiss firearms that easy? So if BHA says hey we don't like guns but we will keep land open for bowhunters give me your money...you are actually in with that? "Maybe an over simplification" but as far as I can tell firearm owner ship is a Constitutional Right.

It is not if we "think" other organizations do better. RMEF/DU/NWTF do magnitudes better than BHA and have actually put money on the ground and opened up new lands.

From the few interviews I’ve listened to with/about the group they seem legit.
That’s an extremely poor way to make a judgement and that type of approach has got this country into a damn mess. It’s odd how we are in an era with a world of information at our fingertips but people will make a decision based off what someone tells them in a couple 15 minute YouTube videos. Of course anyone sounds good presenting their own unchallenged agenda! The first thing I do for any organization/politician is look for reasons not to join/support. They’re legit once they pass that step. The good:bad with BHA is about 1:5

That’s an extremely poor way to make a judgement and that type of approach has got this country into a damn mess. It’s odd how we are in an era with a world of information at our fingertips but people will make a decision based off what someone tells them in a couple 15 minute YouTube videos. Of course anyone sounds good presenting their own unchallenged agenda! The first thing I do for any organization/politician is look for reasons not to join/support. They’re legit once they pass that step. The good:bad with BHA is about 1:5

Hence why I joined for a year to see what the guys are really about. They are not the only conservation organization I support.

I am a member and have been for a couple of years. I joined because a friend I back country hunt with is a member and I thought it was a good organization. A way to muster a group to raise a voice against someone taking away my access, or my kids, I was surprised to hear Snyder give them the business and while I am not a "fan boy" of anyone it did give me some pause. I was recently approached to be an area representative and agreed. I guess I need to do a little more " due diligence" and figure out if their values truly align with mine or not.

204guy

WKR
Hence why I joined for a year to see what the guys are really about. They are not the only conservation organization I support.
As an FYI, the individual state/regional whatever groups are likely made up of like minded well meaning individuals. It's BHA's national leadership and what they do at that level that most have a problem with and is highly suspect. Also good luck finding out how much of your dues go to your local BHA vs headquarters office.

Did you really just dismiss firearms that easy? So if BHA says hey we don't like guns but we will keep land open for bowhunters give me your money...you are actually in with that? "Maybe an over simplification" but as far as I can tell firearm owner ship is a Constitutional Right.

It is not if we "think" other organizations do better. RMEF/DU/NWTF do magnitudes better than BHA and have actually put money on the ground and opened up new lands.
I’m not dismissing that easily but if an organizations primary focus is hunting it makes sense to me that they focus on land not guns. From the attitude a lot of people on here have you would think every person who voted democrat wants to take their guns, it’s simply not true. Nor is it true that every person that voted republican wants to sell public lands.

As an FYI, the individual state/regional whatever groups are likely made up of like minded well meaning individuals. It's BHA's national leadership and what they do at that level that most have a problem with and is highly suspect. Also good luck finding out how much of your dues go to your local BHA vs headquarters office.
Could be true, worst comes to worst I’m out $35 and don’t join again. Not opposed to finding out they aren’t all that great but I haven’t seen anything concrete in this thread that they are bad, just a lot of rumor. I’ll reread more carefully though and consider any documented allegations folks have.

ElMuercielago

Lil-Rokslider
BHA is clearly an outdoors organization designed for democrats who like to hunt. I'm ok with that, but I won't be giving them my money since they don't represent my views very well.

For me the bottom line is if you look at the actual on-the-ground money and projects that BHA is involved in compared to a group like RMEF it just makes no sense to give my support to BHA. I realize that RMEF is WAY bigger than BHA but if you look at the percentage of their income that they put on the ground it's pretty telling.
Thank you for those details. I was looking for something to donate to this year and will have to check out RMEF.

ElMuercielago

Lil-Rokslider
Political party aside...let's not forget that BHA REFUSED to take a stance on the CO Wolf Reintroduction. If they truely supported hunters/conservation, I'd think they would have publicly opposed that initiative.

What's the over / under on page count before this gets locked? I'm gonna say 3.
It would be unfortunate to lock something just based on a few disagreements.

ElMuercielago

Lil-Rokslider
Don't matter. Democracy been dead awhile now. Just noone realizes it yet.
Democracy seems a bit silly in the first place honestly...Why should all the idiots out there have the same voting power as me? George Carlin had it right when he said, "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are even stupider than that." :ROFLMAO:

I do not purport this to be the truth but I think it might add to the ongoing conversation, your mileage may vary

WCB

WKR
I’m not dismissing that easily but if an organizations primary focus is hunting it makes sense to me that they focus on land not guns. From the attitude a lot of people on here have you would think every person who voted democrat wants to take their guns, it’s simply not true. Nor is it true that every person that voted republican wants to sell public lands.
You just did in your last post.

Do actual research on organizations and look at money spent on the ground. Posting social media posts and writing letters costs zero dollars and BHA is really good at spending membership money on those things.

I do not purport this to be the truth but I think it might add to the ongoing conversation, your mileage may vary

I don’t know how true this is either, it seems like main complaint is they are “environmentalists”. Environmentalists has too many meanings to be a useful term now but I think as hunters and anglers we should all be on board with having clean water and land fish and animals thrive in.

ChromeKype

Lil-Rokslider

This is not the argument people are making.

We are not upset because there is a PASSIVE attitude towards the 2nd amendment. We are upset that our money is going to a party that is ACTIVELY pushing against our rights.

The entire point here is that we all highly value public land access!

We do not value this to such an extant that we will give our money to an organization that supports the antithesis of our other values

Such as; the right to life, the 2nd amendment, free market capitalism, and now the 1st amendment!

We can hold these values dear and find another organization to fight for public lands.

As someone who fights for the lives of the not yet born I cringe to think that some of my donations went to help support a politician eager to see more babies in dumpsters.

Signing off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: