BH209 pricing

wyosam

WKR
So I recently decided to pull my ML out of the safe and start shooting it more. Checking supplies, I noticed I was down to about half a can of powder, so I swung by local cabelas and got some significant sticker shock! I mean, its always been expensive compared to other substitutes, but $80 a can? And now they’re only 8 oz instead of the original 10 that was already a scam? Guess I’ll go back to more frequent cleaning and a bigger smoke cloud. I’m not giving Hodgdon $160 a pound for pounder. How much is it in the lower 48?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bbassi

Lil-Rokslider
So I recently decided to pull my ML out of the safe and start shooting it more. Checking supplies, I noticed I was down to about half a can of powder, so I swung by local cabelas and got some significant sticker shock! I mean, its always been expensive compared to other substitutes, but $80 a can? And now they’re only 8 oz instead of the original 10 that was already a scam? Guess I’ll go back to more frequent cleaning and a bigger smoke cloud. I’m not giving Hodgdon $160 a pound for pounder. How much is it in the lower 48?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Same here. Plus 8% Sales tax.

Drugs are cheaper.

OverInfinite

Lil-Rokslider
I couldnt find any powder for the last 2 years and switched back to Hodgdon's tripple 7. doesnt seem to be as dirty as the pyrodex use to be. I still use my BH209 nipple also. shoots great. I wont be switching back to 209

slowr1der

FNG
Same feeling here. Once I use up what I have, I'm going back to Pyrodex. $80 for 8oz. is ridiculous.

I'm not in love with it like some people seem to be. It still seems to be extremely corrosive and my gun starts rusting if I don't clean it ASAP, just like with Pyrodex or Triple 7. The only real benefit for me is that you don't have to swab it at the range every few shots. However, for as little as I shoot it at the range, I can spend the 30 seconds it takes to run a patch down the barrel while my gun cools off.

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
$80 is the going price for BH209. Seems a little steep to me but that’s what it is, thankfully I don’t use a bunch.

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
Hodgdon really screwed up bh209 when they bought it out. I heard that the firesticks are using a finer granulation of bh209, but of course, It's called T8. If that's the case. It explains why bh209 is so expensive and very limited.

SloppyJ

WKR
I bought 3 jugs 2 years ago when I finally saw it pop up. It was at Wal-Mart of all places. I think I paid $39 each. That should last me for a long while but I will be in the same boat when I need more. That's a hard pill to swallow at $80.

Mdpate

FNG
Goodness that’s high. I was planning to go pick some up tomorrow but I may have to stick with my pellets.

SloppyJ

WKR
Goodness that’s high. I was planning to go pick some up tomorrow but I may have to stick with my pellets.
I laughed going down the powder isle at bass pro the Friday before opening muzzle loader. The two bottles of blackhorn that have been sitting all year had finally disappeared.

MarkOrtiz

Lil-Rokslider
I paid $78 in Nevada in the spring. Sighted in my rifle, practiced a few times over the summer, practiced a few more times before my hunt, hunted and still have 1/4 of a bottle. It seems to last at 95 grains by volume per shot. Seems cheaper that buying preloaded rifle ammo for how much I have shot this year.