Beyond Clothing Synthetic Puffy Pants

I just got these to try and they are actually pretty solid but won’t be able to test in cold temps for awhile. They seem super durable but are a little heavy/bulky. I’ve always used down puffy pants but these are neat. They are heavy mine came in around 30 ounces for the 36 long version.

Would be curious if anyone has compared these to the lost parka as it looks to be similar insulation.

What stood out to me was USA made, synthetic insulation and long sizing which is really nice in a puffy pant. The ones I have tried in the past were always short since they go over pants typically.

AJ is 4% as well.

2muchhp

WKR
Can't answer your question but that seems like a screaming deal!
How is the sizing?

OP
Kyle Wheeler
Can't answer your question but that seems like a screaming deal!
How is the sizing?
They are big enough to wear over my Sitka timberlines but not too big. No belt loops it’s more of a Velcro close so waist needs to be close. I’m a 34ish waist and I wouldn’t want bigger than these at 36. The length is super long. I’m 6’3 and they are almost too long but I do like the length. Sorry just got these so don’t have a ton of info. They do seem to have a good return policy as well from what I read.

Great free return policy. Great company that makes quality stuff. They have a whole line us US made gear. Some nice stuff. Not super light, but most stuff seems durable. Have a couple things from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Kyle Wheeler
Great free return policy. Great company that makes quality stuff. They have a whole line us US made gear. Some nice stuff. Not super light, but most stuff seems durable. Have a couple things from them.

Which pieces are your favorite? I’m pretty impressed with these pants

eamyrick

WKR
They are big enough to wear over my Sitka timberlines but not too big. No belt loops it’s more of a Velcro close so waist needs to be close. I’m a 34ish waist and I wouldn’t want bigger than these at 36. The length is super long. I’m 6’3 and they are almost too long but I do like the length. Sorry just got these so don’t have a ton of info. They do seem to have a good return policy as well from what I read.
I’m also 34ish waist and 6’3. 35 inch length is about perfect on me. I wear long is rei johns and king is FL pants. How is the 36 waist? I figure these would be over my primary hunting pants.

OP
Kyle Wheeler
I’m also 34ish waist and 6’3. 35 inch length is about perfect on me. I wear long is rei johns and king is FL pants. How is the 36 waist? I figure these would be over my primary hunting pants.
Waist seems to be about a 36. I don’t mind it as I wear puffy pants over pants but if just base layer may be a tad big but these actually fit pretty good for puffy pants. It has a Velcro close so you can synch it down some. I tried them on over shorts today and got them tight enough. The length is really nice if these were a 35 waist would fit me perfect and are very close to perfect.

OP
Kyle Wheeler
I wanted to follow up here once more as I’m even more impressed by these pants. They are decently packable with a compression sack. For $159 and free returns they are solid if you are looking for durable synthetic puffy pants. Not the lightest but these are solid. Haven’t tested in cold but can tell they are warm along with comparing to LPP jacket they have a lot of similarities and I would not hesitate for these to take on some brush just hope the color doesn’t look too much like an elk..

2muchhp

WKR
Will do,
Its still cold here , I'll try and get out in some cold temps.
I couldn't find the inseam length, is the 35" mentioned above for the tall? I ordered the regular, I'm 5"8

thewileyone

Lil-Rokslider
For what it’s worth… I know several guys were issued some beyond puffy pants through their gov employer. They say the pants are super warm but tear fairly easily. One describes them as wearing a sleeping bag. I do not have a pair, I have purchased a couple jackets (one being a puffy, and it’s very warm).

OP
Kyle Wheeler
Will do,
Its still cold here , I'll try and get out in some cold temps.
I couldn't find the inseam length, is the 35" mentioned above for the tall? I ordered the regular, I'm 5"8
I’m not sure length but these are probably 35-36 at least. They are truly long.

Mangata

Lil-Rokslider
Excellent price, should be a good option to my SG in brushy conditions.
Still cold enough here for a good trial!

OP
Kyle Wheeler
For what it’s worth… I know several guys were issued some beyond puffy pants through their gov employer. They say the pants are super warm but tear fairly easily. One describes them as wearing a sleeping bag. I do not have a pair, I have purchased a couple jackets (one being a puffy, and it’s very warm).
Interesting they seem durable for puffy pants but good to know. Have you tried the A7 cold weather jacket?
Did you order the tall?
yep! I’m 6’3 and very happy with length

Hucker

Lil-Rokslider
I have their cold weather parka. Crazy warm!! But, it is sensitive to pulls and tears. I just don't wear it bushwacking. On a quad? It is money! In a tree stand? Money! Cat's claw? Leave it at home.

thewileyone

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. I have an a7. It’s a good jacket. I’ve had it several years but have only used it a few times.

If you’re a size 2XL - they have their A7 Jacket in that size only for $159. Beyond is a solid company that makes excellent gear.

OP
Kyle Wheeler
If you’re a size 2XL - they have their A7 Jacket in that size only for $159. Beyond is a solid company that makes excellent gear.
I saw that I had purchased an XL but it was out of stock sadly they emailed me. They have a few items in outlet that are interesting.