Best zeiss scope around 1500$ for hunting and a bit of range shooting suggestions please!

OP
Plumbeeer

Plumbeeer

FNG
Actually had that one as well. Ha. Sold it and picked up the Polar. It really depends on his style of hunting. If it strictly powerlines and open fields, where low light isn't an issue, the get a nightforce. Dialing and reliability are top notch. IF low light comes into play, then all best are off because my buddies Nightforce NXS fades quick when the sun goes down.

The main difference in the SB and others is the illumination. The SB illumination on the Polar is barely daytime visible. If I remember correctly, the Klassik is also. Where this shines is the fact when the sun sets, or its in very low light conditions, the illumination can be turned down so low that it doesn't overpower your pupil, thus blinding you. The Polar's illuminated dot is like a pin prick. So faint, however in very low light conditions like South Louisiana, even on its lowest setting, its very visible.

Posicon on the turrets is nothing more than an indication of the range of the turret. Its colored to allow you to basically set the optic at "center" so that you get both left and right, up and down equally. Mine utilizes a lockable elevation turret with a slide lock. It locks the turret from moving in either direction, unlike a Zero stop.

Where in Louisiana are you hunting?

This is new but can be found cheaper used in great condition.

Ended up getting a klassic if I can figure out how to make the thing work then I might get a high dollar one lol

mitao88

FNG
How is the Klassik working below 100 yards? If I remember correctly it does not have parallax, which worries me for the 50 yard focus ability.

$1500 Zeiss - get a used Zeiss Diavari V - older glass made in Germany - you are going to be hard pressed to find better glass and low light performance than one of those.