Best sling for a mountain rifle?

davidsapp

Lil-Rokslider
Uncle Mike’s Mountain sling is nice and light, but the Montana sling mentioned above is a really quality item

False_Cast

Lil-Rokslider
Lightweight. Low cost. Non-slip. Pliable. The sling for super lights.

For weightier rifles, with which I like to spread the load out a bit, I do like neoprene based straps from Uncle Mikes as well as the venerable Montana leather sling. The latter being the choice if going hide-based.

Two70win

FNG
I used to use a sling in the mountains until I switched to the Kifaru Gun Bearer system. I still keep a Magpul MS1 sling in my pack just in case. If I'm not in the mountains, I'm using a Montana sling or Leatherman sling.

I use the uncle Mike mountain with polymer swivels. The polymer swivels have stood up well for me, don't rust, and don't mar the stock. I also use a gunbearer a lot of the time.

Wvroach

WKR
Quake claw when I'm using a sling with a light pack, kifaru gunbearer when I'm backcountry hunting.

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider

WCB

WKR
i just use the butler creek rubber slings v-grip I think...they make a feather light also.

Breddoch

Lil-Rokslider
I have one of the thin quake claw mentioned above, hard to beat for $20. I also have a slogan and love it. Would recommend either for those two.

Howiemoth

Lil-Rokslider
Lightweight. Low cost. Non-slip. Pliable. The sling for super lights.

For weightier rifles, with which I like to spread the load out a bit, I do like neoprene based straps from Uncle Mikes as well as the venerable Montana leather sling. The latter being the choice if going hide-based.
Just ordered 2...for the $ if they do not work out, toss'em.

oneshotGA

FNG
Any quality made quick-adjustable sling that can be used for shooting. I really like the Magpul MS1. Montana slings are really nice if you don't like synthetic. Haven't tried that Vickers yet but it looks promising.