Best sleeping pad?

java

FNG
I highly recommend the Sea to Summit Ether Light XT. It's a little pricey, but I think it's well worth it. I have a damaged lower back and find that many other sleeping pads caused me a lot of pain, but so far this one has been very comfortable (also very light).

OP
Bhatch

Bhatch

FNG
Best sleeping pad for back country?
Thanks for the help?
Any advice on field repairs on the inflatable pads? Ive spend many nights on leaky air mattress’s and i was wondering if non inflatable would be better?

java

FNG
I tried a non-inflatable Thermarest for a while, but found myself waking up in a lot pain and just getting horrible sleep. I'm sure there are better better ones out there. Whether you go inflatable or non-inflatable, they're not all created equal and will probably come down to personal preference.

As for repairs in the field, I've never actually had to use it, but I do carry a small repair kit. My Sea to Summit pad came with one. I too have slept on leaky air mattresses; those aren't designed for back country use though, and are usually much cheaper than a good backcountry pad. If you do have an issue in then field, the repair kit should get you through the trip, and I think a good company will take care of you after.

mlgc20

WKR
Depends on your priorities. I use a variety of pads depending on what I’m looking for:
  • Most Comfortable - BA Q-Core
  • Lightest - Thermarest Uberlite
  • Warmest - Thermarest Xtherm
  • All Round - Thermarest Neoair Xlite
If i could only have one pad, it would be the Xtherm. But, I strongly prefer having options.

TheHammer

WKR
Nemo tensor lightweight insulated wide… I did a lot of searching around this summer and the tensor popped up on a lot of backpackers lists. Is it the best…. Subjective. But it’s the best I’ve owned out of the 4 top end ones I’ve purchased and used. 3 are listed in previous posts, imo it’s the best one I own.