Best Range Finders

huntsd

WKR
What are some of the better range finders out there? I am running a 5 year old Leupold and am starting to have issues with it. I can hardly range past 500 now.

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
IMHO, the best rangefinders are the ones with a lifetime warranty. Vortex and possibly Maven. Are there others?

IMHO, the best rangefinders are the ones with a lifetime warranty. Vortex and possibly Maven. Are there others?
x2 my vortex 1800 ive changed the battery once in the last 4 years. i just picked up their fury 5000 rf binos too. all electronics in rf fail eventually. might as well get a new one for free when they do. fwiw you will see leica recommended the most on here if you do a search

Depends on what you intend to use it for. The best is the one that ranges accurately when I need it to.

Archery I like the Leupold full draw and the arc projection feature is useful

Rifle I have been extremely impressed with the Maven over the past 4 ish months.
Biggest concern for me is being able to range through rain or snow accurately. That takes a better laser than most offer. Leica and Maven both appear to be the best in that regard from my research.

TaperPin

WKR
I recently replaced an old Leupold as well - should have done it earlier. Sig is in no way the upper tier, but dang they are affordable if you buy last years model or one that’s recently discontinued or an open box. For some reason they love to have a number of different models that seem rather similar in a confusing kind of way - honestly the new car smell hasn’t worn off and I can’t remember the model number, but zero complaints. Amazon turned up a number of deep discounted long distance models - I was fully expecting to drop double what I ended up paying for an open box model. I bet it’s very common for guys to buy a number of rangefinders on Amazon, keep the one they like and return the rest.

CorbLand

WKR
Depends on the features you want. Do you want it to do ballistics for you?

Leica and Sig seem to be the two top if you want ballistics.

You can generally find some good deals in the classifieds if you dont mind buying used.

jzeblaz

Lil-Rokslider
I love my BR-2. I'd be looking at Revic if you want ballistics onboard. Straight RF, there are probably lots of great options.

Have a Leica 1200 that I've had since 2007 that works as good today as it did fresh out of the box.

Also have a pair of Sig rangefinding binos that work as well as the Leica.

I will not trade either for anything else.

elkguide

WKR
I've been through a lot of different brands over the years and am using a Maven RF1 and very pleased with it. Was able to range crazy distances in Idaho last year.

JGRaider

WKR
The Fury AB will give you ballistic readouts as far as you can get a range, something neither the Sig or Leica can do. Glass is superior on the Leica, Fury superior to Sig, and the Sig and Fury are both better RF's than Leica (my Leica was 3200.com). Choose accordingly.

Tmac

WKR
Have used 6 different brands. The one that has held up best in cold weather and for longevity is Leica. I do have one old, over 10 years, maybe more, Brunton 400 yard unit my kids/grands have not been able to kill yet. The others died (Bushnell, Nikon) or would not work in cold weather (Leupold).

I got two Vortex units for my kids, one year in and alls well, but mostly got it for them due to the warrantee. Have not tested them in the cold yet and too early to tell about longevity.

My first Leica is still going strong for over 15 years, 700 yard rating iirc. My next Leica is a much smaller 1,000 yard unit and working it’s well for over 5 years, maybe closer to 8, forget. Just picked up a Geovid R 10x42, it’s rangefinding specs are 2,000 ish yards, so far it works great.

SloppyJ

WKR
The ranging and laser on my gen 2 kilo 10ks seems to be extremely top notch. I haven't had an issue yet with being able to pick up something very fine at distance. So with that said, if you don't want the bino LRF and ballistics combo, maybe look at the kilo line.

kthomas

FNG
Depends on what you need.

Lots of good range finders out there these days. Leica has been good to me. People like Sig and Vortex. I currently use a Vectronix-X and their new lrf binos look awesome.

All depends on what your price point and needs are.