Best Range Finder for the Money

Jolly Roger, My Leupold 1000TBRi would reliably range trees to about 800 yards, houses even further. I used it for archery hunting preferential to my Leica 1000R...instant readings, scan mode, all in favor of the Leupold, etc.

The Leupold just started having display issues after nearly 6 years of hard use hunting, and a ton of shots around the house build and landscaping. I called Leupold warranty and have sent it in this week. They have a decent policy to exchange an older unit that is off warranty (2 years on electronic instruments) for a new unit at a nominal cost. I'll be getting a 1600TRRi in return. I'd call them about your unit that only ranges 200 yds.

Jolly Roger, My Leupold 1000TBRi would reliably range trees to about 800 yards, houses even further. I used it for archery hunting preferential to my Leica 1000R...instant readings, scan mode, all in favor of the Leupold, etc.

The Leupold just started having display issues after nearly 6 years of hard use hunting, and a ton of shots around the house build and landscaping. I called Leupold warranty and have sent it in this week. They have a decent policy to exchange an older unit that is off warranty (2 years on electronic instruments) for a new unit at a nominal cost. I'll be getting a 1600TRRi in return. I'd call them about your unit that only ranges 200 yds.

Thanks for the info. I’ll give them a call. If they can fix or replace it for a good price I’d be a happy camper as I do like it and the features it has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk