Best place to purchase Proof Barrel

Where is the best place to purchase Proof Barrel? Price and support. By support, I mean Optics Planet seems to have good prices but I don't know if I'd buy one there. And I'm probably not talking existing inventory because I want a 20" barrel? Thanks

davsco

WKR
brownells has some, look for one of their 10%off or $off codes and the pricing is pretty good. but yeah if you want to special order, guessing they're not the place.

i have one on order and no other experience with their barrels, but you can order from carbon six in whatever length you want.

ID_Matt

WKR
Pre fit or blank? Evolved ballistics always seems to have the most inventory. If you are having a gunsmith install, may be worth checking with him as he might offer a deal as a package.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Paul at Evolved ballistics is great to deal with. Former fellow USMC long gunner.

Expert Voice if your a qualifying member has good prices, but the wait is long.

OP
G
Pre fit or blank? Evolved ballistics always seems to have the most inventory. If you are having a gunsmith install, may be worth checking with him as he might offer a deal as a package.
Prefit, and I haven't found a good gunsmith yet.

JakeSCH

WKR
Evolved has had the best inventory, I would go with them unless you could find a discount code for midway / brownells.

rootacres

WKR
I used straitjacket armory. They sell pre-fits for several major action companies. Threaded mine on, torqued it to spec and moved on. I will be ordering another from them when needed. Lead times for carbon barrels is al over the map. Benchmark has been a mess to get a carbon barrel from.

B23

WKR
Paul at Evolved ballistics is great to deal with. Former fellow USMC long gunner.

Expert Voice if your a qualifying member has good prices, but the wait is long.
I've purchased a couple Proof CF barrels, as well as some other stuff, from Paul at EB and he has always been great to deal with.

Kurts86

WKR
For the stock barrels get the SKU and search it in gun.deals. That will find the lowest price from some random drop shipper.

If you want to buy from a great company Altus has been great to work with.

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
Bought mine from Evolved Ballistics. There was a 5% coupon as well. I have no complaints and would order from there again

waspocrew

Lil-Rokslider
Front range precision or, if he doesn’t have it in stock, check out lockedloaded.com. They have some pretty good prices on Proof barrels (just add to cart to see the sale price).

TxLite

WKR
I purchased one through stockys a while back. I called and they gave me an additional discount on top of what was listed.

JRS3

FNG
I've purchased a couple Proof CF barrels, as well as some other stuff, from Paul at EB and he has always been great to deal with.
Paul is excellent. I have used him or multiple projects and will again. He answers the phone and emails consistently.