Best load and bullet set up for Remington 700 Ultimate Muzzleloader?

snik

FNG
Alright, as of now I'm shooting 90 grains by weight of bh209 with the Remington bullet. (I did upgrade the breech plug to ASG Gen2 Breech Plug). I'm wanting your opinions of what loads and bullets have worked the best using bh209. I've considered switching to the Parker Black Max or the new Paramount ELR 50 cal bullet. Anyone have any experience shooting either of these bullets out of the Remington Muzzleloader? Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!

ENCORE

WKR
My UF shot very well with a couple combinations.
It shot well with a Harvester H5045LB sabot and 300gr SST with 110grs by weight.
It shot extremely well with the 300gr .50cal Fury bullets, all bullet to bore, also at 110grs weight. Fury has a new bullet out with a plastic base seal, that doesn't require sizing and was extensively tested in the RUM. Really a good bullet.
It shot the 320gr Fury bullets extremely well, but the charge used was dropped to 105grs by weight.
I've never shot the Black Max, but it shoots and functions exceptionally well from the RUM. Not sure which sabot is being used but its likely one Parker recommends.

There's a couple FB pages to get help and learn from.

bgbuck153

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot the Parker black max. 107 gr of BH 209 by weight. 3 shot ragged hole at 100 yards. I ran it to 300 yards with better than MOA.

LWH723

FNG
In no particular order, here's what I've heard from my customers that work well.

Fed Borelock

Fury Universal Fit

Arrowhead LR 300gr (with harvester red crush or harvester short smooth black).

My plug upgrade is a good idea as well if you plan on shooting BH209.

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
My UF shot very well with a couple combinations.
It shot well with a Harvester H5045LB sabot and 300gr SST with 110grs by weight.
It shot extremely well with the 300gr .50cal Fury bullets, all bullet to bore, also at 110grs weight. Fury has a new bullet out with a plastic base seal, that doesn't require sizing and was extensively tested in the RUM. Really a good bullet.
It shot the 320gr Fury bullets extremely well, but the charge used was dropped to 105grs by weight.
I've never shot the Black Max, but it shoots and functions exceptionally well from the RUM. Not sure which sabot is being used but its likely one Parker recommends.

There's a couple FB pages to get help and learn from.

I don't see anything listed on the Fury webpage at 300 gr for a 50 cal. Curious which bullet you've had good luck with. Have any velocity data for the different loads?

I'm thinking about trying the 285gr Fury plastic wad bullets (50 cal). Anyone try these yet? Was waiting the try the Powerbelt ELR in 50 cal...but the Fury might be a good one to try instead.

ENCORE

WKR

The original Fury star tip was a 325gr and I used that to put the hammer on whitetails.
The Universal fit is being shot by a lot of RUM owners and is accurate.
Many consider the Fury bullets their favorite hunting bullet.

bgbuck153

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the plug kit from arrowhead. I’m anxious to get it installed and head spaced.

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the plug kit from arrowhead. I’m anxious to get it installed and head spaced.
If you're planning on hunting with your ML, you might want to check headspace quickly. I found mine to be perfect without modification, however, I also found that my primary ejection didn't work. Not Arrowheads fault at all, rather it was a Remington issue. It took 2 weeks to get it fixed and works perfectly now. Just a heads up!