Best kifaru pack/accessories for brown bear hide packing

LoggerDan

WKR
I mostly use a Stryker or a Stryker xl and or a camp bag for packing brown and black bear hides. I’ve used the cargo net before, but really didn’t like it. Ideas?

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
That probably is on of the better systems to packing out hides. another would be a Large Deboned game bag that we sell. and we sell individual bags. its more of a long tube for better weight distribution. that would be for a black bear hide. G-bear hide could possibly work with our Elk quarter bag. But defiantly Aron would know more on dealing with Brown bears. I have only dealt with Black bear hides

• Banned
OP
LoggerDan

LoggerDan

WKR
@Kenneth@Kifaru - I thank you for your time and response. Black bear hides aren’t really the problem, just big brown bear hides. None are easy to pack, regardless of equipment. I just wanna not have to rely on a frame pack. I don’t suppose a nomad would be any better than what I’ve been using.
I live in big bear country, so I’m not necessarily needing to haul a camp into my hunting areas. I’m also not opposed to using a larger bag than what I need for hunting, and jamming the hide into the bag. Is ma Duce the biggest in terms f capacity? Again, I sure thank you.

Marble

WKR
What about the straightjacket? I seem to be able to fit a ton of shit in it. I'm trying to imagine the volume needed for a head, hide and paws. That pack can hold more than I can carry. It gets huge!

Maybe go visit a taxidermist and ask them how much volume you'll need?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
@Kenneth@Kifaru - I thank you for your time and response. Black bear hides aren’t really the problem, just big brown bear hides. None are easy to pack, regardless of equipment. I just wanna not have to rely on a frame pack. I don’t suppose a nomad would be any better than what I’ve been using.
I live in big bear country, so I’m not necessarily needing to haul a camp into my hunting areas. I’m also not opposed to using a larger bag than what I need for hunting, and jamming the hide into the bag. Is ma Duce the biggest in terms f capacity? Again, I sure thank you.
if you did go the bag rout it might be best to get the Fulcrum. It is 7,800ci. The MD is 6,300ci. The Fulcrum has wings as well to Synch across to make it even tighter.

• Banned
OP
LoggerDan

LoggerDan

WKR
I’ve been thinking about it. I’m probably going to just manty up the hide and basket hitch it to the bare frame