Best Insoles?

What insoles do you run? I have a pair of crispi Lapponia 2s and love the boots. Put 250ish miles on them and never had issues. Recent scouting trip I started to blister on my heel/Achilles. Almost as if my heal wasn’t sitting deep enough into the boot. I have superfeet insoles in them now, but I was looking at other brands wondering if anyone had suggestions or experience with curex hikepro.

dtrkyman

WKR
Power step are quite nice, I took a pair from Oboz hiking shoe I have and put them in my boots and they are pretty good as well.

My issue is the insole typically changes the fit of a boot.

Reactions: Cng

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
If you need arch support, the Powerstep Pinnacles are absolutely amazing. They have a pretty hard bottom similar to some custom orthotics. Everyone is different, but I absolutely swear by mine. I've got an older pair that I like a lot better than the new version they're selling now, but I still like the newer ones better than anything else I've tried.

Everyone swears by Superfeet, but I couldn't find one that worked for me, and I didn't like how the cushion would easily separate from the plastic bottom. Never had this issue with the Powersteps.

Quattro

FNG
Like Cng, I could never find a pair of Superfeet that work for me.

A buddy of mine turned me on to a pair of Brisons. So far so good. I think you can find them on Amazon.

AHAL

FNG
I have superfeet greens. I think my heel sits pretty deep in them, so depending on what kind you have, you may be able to switch over to another type of superfeet.

I have talked with one buddy who had the hikepros- its obviously ymmv but he seemed to like them. They look similar to superfeet

Though, sheepfeet is always an option...

I had custom orthodics made from Soley My Feet and really like them. Obviously not as cheap as off the shelf inserts. I've used Superfeet orange for several years but decided to get custom ones and really like them. Got 2 pr. since the 2nd pr. is much cheaper when you order together and I use them in all my shoes all the time and didn't want to have to be switching everytime I change shoes.

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
I'm also looking for some insole options. My feet are good but around mile 5 is when the balls of my feet are killing me. I don't think i need customs and honestly don't want to spend that much but I am looking for some good off the shelf recommendations.

I used to use superfeet insoles and finally gave them up because they just didn't work for me. I use wool felt insoles now. They provide more cushion and mold to the shape of my feet. Something to consider.

Sheepfeet custom orthotics are great but pricey. Lathrop and son are super cushiony haven’t used them long enough to see about durability yet

Superfeet worked for me. Have them in my work boots, hunting boots and New Balance shoes. Made a big difference in comfort and arch support.

TxLite

WKR
I have some from Sole in my Schnee timberlines and they’ve been fantastic for me

Ive had good luck with Superfeet insoles in runners, so am trying greens. Have a whopping 1.4 miles on them (with 55+)lbs doing hill repeats on Sat. Felt decent. A lot thinner than the stock ones, but as others have commented, the factory crispi ones are like sandpaper. I ripped the top layer off those and may stick the remainder back in with the superfeet if they feel too thin.

TaperPin

WKR
I like hard orthotics with arch support.
I’ve had two friends with those and it was impressive how well they worked and how easily the orthotic could be used on all sorts of footwear. I could tell it actually changed how they walked.

Power step are quite nice, I took a pair from Oboz hiking shoe I have and put them in my boots and they are pretty good as well.

My issue is the insole typically changes the fit of a boot.
I just got some of these (pinnacle hiker) and they are excellent, I like them a good amount more than any of the super feet I’ve tried

Never heard of them, but I’ll keep using them.

I have relatively flat feet, and first impression was the arch was too high in the insoles, but I wore them around that evening and by the end of the evening the arch wasn’t bothering me… next time I wore them I went on a really long hunt and my feet were in way better shape at the end, and have really been liking them

No.15

FNG
I use sole with the met pad. Usually the red one, but occasionally blue if I need to reduce the volume of my boot.

I used to use powerstep and like them a lot as well. Used them exclusively in my hockey skates :)