Best Hunting App?????

Dylan Sluis

Lil-Rokslider
I have been running OnX for years now and I love it. The maps are so clear and it just works well. I am interested if there is a better option though. To clarify I am a college student, so I don't have an unlimited amount of time to spend in the woods. Trust me I wish I could be out there EVERY day. So having an app that helps me decide when the best times to hunt would be sounds awesome. I have used Deercast before and to me just felt like a waste of money. Never seemed to be accurate. Obviously these apps aren't going to be 100% right, but to me I could never trust it. I know spartan forge has insane deer prediction, but the mapping is absolutely awful in my area, like everything is blurry no matter what view I use. So that's out of the picture for me.

What apps do you guys use for deer prediction if you do. Obviously if I have time to hunt I am gonna be out there. This is more for telling me when the highest percentage times are so I can try to be as productive/efficient with my time as I can be. Ideally I would find an app that has both mapping and deer prediction in 1. But wouldn't be opposed to just a deer prediction app either. For clarification I am hunting northern MN so thats where I am hoping the maps are clear. Thanks

I’ve been using HuntWise for a few years and like it. I had primarily only used the hunt prediction portion of it, but started using the HuntWise maps more than my BaseMap app. Interested to see what others say as well.

airnjones

FNG
I have been using Huntwise for the past couple years and have really liked it. I paid for the deer prediction last year and it seemed OK. Love the maps and if you have anybody else hunting with you the group stuff is cool.

thinny

FNG
Used Huntstand and Onx and definitely got more comfortable with OnX. Now I'm at a point I have to keep it so I have all my not so secret spots