Best heated socks?

Hey guys I'm looking to get a pair of rechargeable heated socks for late season hunting/ice fishing. Does anyone have recommendations? I have looked on Amazon, Cabelas, Sportsmans Warehouse, Youtube. On Amazon the Snow Deer looks like a popular choice. Sportsmans has the Fieldsheer brand. I live in Utah and do a lot of hiking so I would like to get something comfortable and durable. I assume merino wool is the best option. If you have any experience please let me know. Thanks

H80Hunter

WKR
I looked into this and everyone recommended Lenz but they are very expensive… Never tried them. I use Icebreaker boot blankets and they work well for me.

OP
cody21peterson
The snow deer are affordable ($80) but they are made out of cotton which concerns me a little. The Fieldsheer at Sportsmans are merino and on sale right now for $98. Battery life looks similar for both, up to 10 hours of heat.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I also looked long and hard at the Lenz. Couldn’t pull the trigger, but not ruling them out.

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
I have used the Lenz socks for many years for deer hunting and winter steelhead fishing. You can control the heat setting for each sock from a phone app. Yes they are crazy expensive but I don’t think about that when my feet are warm.

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
Following along as well. I’ve heard many people mention Lenz, still trying to justify that cost. But if they work and work that good, might be worth it

Perrin713

FNG
I am also in the market for heated insoles or socks. Being in a tree stand in upstate NY during late season my toes freeze. I had Hotronics heated insoles, worked great till the battery fell off my boot…. 90$ to replace the battery.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I just sat in a tree stand this week in Nebraska and my cold feet were the reason I just decided to buy the Lenz socks - 4.1 with the rcB 1800 batteries. Can't wait to try them out.

Oakman

Lil-Rokslider
I am in the market for quality warm socks too. any other manufactures other than Lenz? For Lenz socks, I can't justify the full price now, but i'll track it in case they go on sale.
I hate to quit my hunt again due to cold feet

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
FWIW - I found my Lenz for less than the rack price. I found the lowest price for the socks at Backcountry, and then found the lowest price for the batteries at another site and I got Backcountry to match. The all-in was still steep. I used them for the first time this weekend and I was expecting a lot warmer results. Maybe I'm just not familiar with how warming socks compare to the Pnuma vest in the amount of heat generated. I may also need to wear some larger boots than I had on for this sit.

Oakman

Lil-Rokslider
FWIW - I found my Lenz for less than the rack price. I found the lowest price for the socks at Backcountry, and then found the lowest price for the batteries at another site and I got Backcountry to match. The all-in was still steep. I used them for the first time this weekend and I was expecting a lot warmer results. Maybe I'm just not familiar with how warming socks compare to the Pnuma vest in the amount of heat generated. I may also need to wear some larger boots than I had on for this sit.
Do you mind sharing the web links? how tight is the shoes with Lenz socks?

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Do you mind sharing the web links? how tight is the shoes with Lenz socks?
Sure.
My boots weren't especially tight, as the socks aren't that thick. I just think that they may work better with a bit more breathing room for me to move my toes around.

Archery22

FNG
My wife has Snow deer and says they don't seem to get very warm on high. They are well made and are cotton.

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
I have used the Lenz socks for many years for deer hunting and winter steelhead fishing. You can control the heat setting for each sock from a phone app. Yes they are crazy expensive but I don’t think about that when my feet are warm.
How many years should expect out of one pair?

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
I think I am going on five years with no issues at all. Sock fabric has held up well and no problems with the electronics.

highside74

Lil-Rokslider
Bought my brother the Costco pair for Christmas. No real world long days for testing yet but using them around the yard to try them out have yielded good results he says.