Best Harness.

Alpine4x4

FNG
What makes the Marsupial better than say the Kuiu Pro or FHF? Is it just the location it sits or ease of access or?

Odd man out here. When the Kifaru came out I listened to so many people rag on it that I didn't try it for a long time. Turns out it's my favorite harness. I have harnesses from Marsupial and FHF (FOB) that don't get used now, though I did put the FHF straps on the Kifaru.

ChrisAU

WKR
Odd man out here. When the Kifaru came out I listened to so many people rag on it that I didn't try it for a long time. Turns out it's my favorite harness. I have harnesses from Marsupial and FHF (FOB) that don't get used now, though I did put the FHF straps on the Kifaru.

I really liked the Kifaru harness but the RF pouch didn't fit my Revic BR4 so I moved on. I recently got another and now my BR4 does fit, and I did the same and put the FHF Harness on the Kifaru and it is now my go-to.

GPATTI

WKR
In my opinion, there is no “best”. It’s an individual preference. No gold standard either. Completely individual preference. They all have different design features that work for some, but not others. Pretty much like saying who makes the best bow or boots.

tracker12

WKR
Non perfect and really boils done to the user. I have a FHF on a pair of Zeiss Conquest and Marsupial on my SLC. If the older FHF I have opened forward they would win.

bpeay4

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of marsupial fans here 👀. While harnesses may be individualistic, it makes sense to start with the one that 80% of the people prefer...

dkim

FNG
I am using a Hill People Gear kit bag with an added bino pouch. Allows for concealed carry and bino carry with room for the phone too. It can get a bit heavy depending on the handgun and binos being carried.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
It's not the same as a true harness, but for how I use bino's, I'm a big fan of the Rick Young Bino Harness:

...usually paired with his neoprene cover when travelling or not in use:

Very light, very simple, and immediately available with minimal movement. The majority of use is while woods hunting, either from stand or while still hunting. The "stretch" helps with off-hand stability for me and is so easy to adjust the tension and height/position. It can be worn in various positions, cross body, etc. Very easy to add/remove layers without having to take it off or set it down, just loosen, pull arms through, and it's a simple neck strap so you can add/remove, then put your arms back in and tighten up.

Not a requirement, but I like to have a collar or hood on one of my layers to avoid it being next to skin on my neck. In rainy weather, it's not as useful as a harness to keep the lenses covered when in/out of use (for carry the neoprene cover works great). The heaviest bino's I use it with are ~32 oz and it works fine with them. More weight than that, a true harness might be better.