Best Harness.

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
Looking everyone’s favorite Bino harness. Eeds to fit SL 12X50s a rangefinder and other goodies.

fishslap

WKR
I’ve only used marsupial gear and don’t have a reason to try anything new. I’ll be ordering my fourth one soon. I’m going to try the no mag range finder pouch so it doesn’t click shut with the magnet, but I’m sticking with the magnet closure on the actual bino pack.

Marsupial for me but may try some new FHF soon.

Still have an older FHF and still like it. Just doesn’t close down the same as the mag in the marsupial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
I like really my FHF FOB harness as well as their prior version. The Alaska Guide is ok, but I dont think it's as comfortable as FHF or as easy for me to manipulate. I have a Mule Freak (earlier version, not sure how old) that does not compare to the quality of the FHF.

nobody

WKR
I’ve owned gearak, AGC, marsupial, Kuiu Pro, and another Marsupial (in that order). Marsupial is the only answer, full stop. Best one handed operation available, just enough padding to protect without being overly large, comfortable harness, carries high and tight to your chest, all the things. It’s telling that everyone’s new favorite FHF FOB harness is essentially a straight up Marsupial clone. So, just buy the original, it’s the yardstick against which all other harnesses are measured.

I have several marsupial products. Put them through hell and back and love them. Quality of design and build are second to none.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I’ve tended to prefer the marsupial - tried the FHF FOB but it didn’t really work well for me just because of how high I prefer to wear the pouches. Their airframe harness is nice but didn’t fit me. I thought the folding method that they did on the FOB was slick, but it didn’t seem to close up the sides consistently. The marsupial harness fits me much, much better, like a glove. I just wish they’d figure out a better side pocket attachment.

Got a brand new FHF FOB listed if anyone wants to try it…..

I’ve owned gearak, AGC, marsupial, Kuiu Pro, and another Marsupial (in that order). Marsupial is the only answer, full stop. Best one handed operation available, just enough padding to protect without being overly large, comfortable harness, carries high and tight to your chest, all the things. It’s telling that everyone’s new favorite FHF FOB harness is essentially a straight up Marsupial clone. So, just buy the original, it’s the yardstick against which all other harnesses are measured.
Eh, I didn’t care for the marsupial, not in my top 3 harnesses

nobody

WKR
Eh, I didn’t care for the marsupial, not in my top 3 harnesses
Fair enough, that’s why there’s so many options. I can’t stand Swarovski binos, you couldn’t gift me a pair with a gun to my head. But it doesn’t change the fact that they’re the yardstick against which all other optics are measured, even though they’re not even in my top 5 optic brands.

Marsupial is the Swarovski of the bino harness market, and is the measuring stick for high end harnesses. Everyone has copied them/followed their lead with design, and nobody can overtake their sales numbers and popularity or recognizability. Doesn’t mean other harnesses don’t work or aren’t quality, but it also doesn’t mean the market as a whole thinks anything is better, even if individual people see it differently. Like my example in the paragraph above, the market has decided Swarovski is the standard for high end glass, even though I don’t agree with it.

ETA: Sorry, just re-read that and realized it may come off as argumentative. Moreso just trying to provide some objectivity.

Which harness do you prefer?

Last edited:

TN2shot07

WKR
I’ve had the agc hybrid, the original FHF, original marsupial, first gen T&K chest rig, first gen FHF chest rig, and I am trying the newest T&K harness this season. I debated trying the fob or t&k but I like the ownership situation way better with t&k, hopefully it works well!

The marsupial has been the best of the bino harnesses that I’ve used and it wasn’t really close. The T&K I haven’t used except for fitting. It’s definitely the best built, feels like a tank.

I like the chest rigs because there are days where I can have what I need for a morning or afternoon sit. One stays packed all season in my truck just in case.