Best electronic caller

Mthomas90

FNG
I am thinking seriously about upgrading my foxpro fusion to a lucky duck super revolt. I definitely don't want to spend that much on a call, but I have had very limited success with it the last couple years, due to calling pressure I assume. I still lean towards my hand calls, but like using the e caller for vocals, when trying to call bobcats, and when its breezy. From what I have read and seen on youtube the lucky duck is much louder and better sound quality. I also really like Ricks sounds.
Is there something else besides the super revolt I should look at?

If I was looking to buy a caller it would be between the Super Revolt, X24, and Xwave.

Supposedly there has been issues with pieces falling off LD callers. So if you are fairly rough on stuff I might lean towards FP. If you aren’t the LD is probably fine.

I honestly believe it has more to do with the guy behind the call than the call itself.

OP
Mthomas90

Mthomas90

FNG
If I was looking to buy a caller it would be between the Super Revolt, X24, and Xwave.

Supposedly there has been issues with pieces falling off LD callers. So if you are fairly rough on stuff I might lean towards FP. If you aren’t the LD is probably fine.

I honestly believe it has more to do with the guy behind the call than the call itself.
I would agree with use. I've heard some stuff about the quality of lucky duck. I try to take care of my stuff so im.not terribly worried about that.
When my fusion is up fairly loud I can hear the distortion in some sounds, so I'd think critters could too.
The internal lithium battery in the super revolt is a huge plus for me. I think some of the fox pros have that too?

The internal lithium battery in the super revolt is a huge plus for me. I think some of the fox pros have that too?
Yes I believe the X24, X2s, and Xwave all have a big battery included. Definitely nice since the battery packs cost $100ish plus depending on the size.

satchamo

WKR
Go foxpro. I own both a revolt and a fusion. Foxpro quality is far and above that of LD. Also a huge knock on LD is the lack of support for MFK sounds but I think there are other vendors that offer after market sounds for the LD ecosystem.

If I was trading my fusion I’d be going with the FP x24. Rechargeable onboard lithium battery is huge in my book. I absolutely hate dealing with the AAs in the fusion, so I spent more than I should have on an ambush360 pack.

BadgerTac

FNG
My buddy has a fox pro and I have a lucky duck. We always set both calls up every set and tend to use my lucky duck most of the time. I got it because I liked ricks sounds and everyone in my area seems to have a fox pro. But I can’t honestly say lucky ducks sounds are bringing in more yodel dogs. We seem to have pretty good luck regardless of what call we use here in Wisconsin. We’re also blessed with a ton of private ag land we can hunt. I’ve never added it up, but it’s easily over 20k acres.

The more you spend on a call the better the speakers seem to be. My first was a cheap fox pro and it wasn’t nearly as loud as my buddies expensive fox pro or my lucky duck roughneck

Spike elk

WKR
If most of the callers in my area were FoxPro I would buy a Lucky Duck and visa versa. I like to use sounds that are not used by every other hunter. I have both a FoxPro and Lucky Duck and generally use the LD because FP is so popular in these parts. I also like hand calls.

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
If I could, I’d buy another fusion. Louder isn’t always better and don’t assume because you aren’t having luck that it’s over pressured. Just buy the battery packs from fox pro and charge it after heavy use.

OP
Mthomas90

Mthomas90

FNG
I ended up getting a super revolt. Haven't been able to try it out in the field yet. I will probably keep the fusion just in case I dont like the lucky duck. The only negative I see so far is the size of the super revolt.

I've used both a lucky duck and foxpro.. I will say the sounds are way more clear on the lucky duck. Wise choice on picking up the super revolt.

TheGDog

WKR
I got the X24, and yeah, it's got a NICE sized big ol lithium battery pack on it! And the highs are superb if the recording is legit!

Had a coyote that spent a considerable amount of time checking out my caller and barking at it pissed-off by the sound and the decoy after a while, when my AR unbekownst to me I'd caused a "traffic jam" in the chamber without realizing it.

I must have left the round chambered when I put it in the case driving to the last place to try again. So when put the mag back in and pulled back the charging handle it then grabbed another round off the mag and thus created a traffic-jam of 2 rounds being in there, so the trigger was locked-up solid :(

The way the X24 with the BossCoyoteHavocPack was holding his attention gave me opportunity to ninja slick drop the mag.. re-insert the mag, retry the charge handle, curse some more, etc. That yote musta stayed there like a good 5 minutes!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Get the opposite of what everyone else in your area is using. If 50 guys are running fox pros, the coyotes are going to be wised up to those sounds. Vice versa if they're all running LDs

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jreinf

FNG
I just switched to an x24 and it was the best thing I’ve done. The mfk sounds are pretty hard to beat too but lots of good foxpro sounds. I wasn’t crazy about the LD remote either and the tx1000 is awesome.

duckp

FNG
+ 1 on icotec you can waste your money on all them expensive fox pro or lucky ducks there remotes wont come close to matching what the icotec does

+ 1 on icotec you can waste your money on all them expensive fox pro or lucky ducks there remotes wont come close to matching what the icotec does
🤫

i actually like that ICOtec isn't as mainstream as the others. Keeps all my competitors using the same sounds while im the only person using ICOtec sounds and like you said their remote is f**kin awesome. Majority of the guys pushing LD & FP have never even seen or used an ICOtec.

TheGDog

WKR
🤫

i actually like that ICOtec isn't as mainstream as the others. Keeps all my competitors using the same sounds while im the only person using ICOtec sounds and like you said their remote is f**kin awesome. Majority of the guys pushing LD & FP have never even seen or used an ICOtec.

Well... to be fair... I haven't run an ICOTec that's high-end. But I was very underwhelmed with running the GC300 I'd first got. Surprised anything came in to that POS, but there was two times I'd gotten Bobcats to come in with it. Then I'd ran the Johnny Stewart GS2. Which was "aight", definitely better than the GC300 in terms of sound quality... but the laggy remote of the GS2 can be frustrating. And eventually the power switch on the side just gave up the ghost.

The X24 has been like a breath of fresh air! Works as advertised. Easy to navigate around. And has been bringin them in an order of magnitude better and faster.

I hear these guys talkin' 'bout "Oh you don't wanna get that because everybody else has that, and you don't wanna sound like everybody else." Well DUH!!! Problem? Solution! You just go online and order some new sound packs from various aftermarket vendors. Problem solved. (Though I doubt it was a problem to begin with) Also... you can stream-record if you come across a good sound in somebody elses videos online! Record 'em at least at 192Kbs to get good highs out of it. 256Kbps or 320Kbps is better.

dkart004

FNG
I’ve owned about 4 different FoxPros and the xwave has been my favorite. I may dip my toes into the Lucky Duck water in the near future. Can’t speak for them yet, but I’m sure they work great too. E109E58B-923B-49C1-BC7A-BCFC431DBF42.jpeg