Best can for a ,223?

JPB3

FNG
would like to get a suppressor for a bolt .223.. Be nice if could find one that's short, light and effective! Asking too much ??

Any recommendations ?

Thanks much !

wesfromky

WKR
DD wolf hunter would be one to look at. It is next on my to buy list, though I also have a 6.5 bore hydrogen S that sounds pretty good on my 223.

waspocrew

WKR
How much are you looking to spend?

I personally wouldn't go with a super short can (such as a TBAC Ultra 5 or Yankee Hill) as suppression is all about volume. TBAC Ultra 7, Dead Air Nomad 30, Silencer Co Scythe all have pretty good reviews.

I use a Gunwerks 8ight 30 cal can on my 223 (and other bolt guns) and it's very quiet.

Wapato

FNG
I use my .30 cal can on my .223 and it works great and is super light. Silencerco Scythe TI. I imagine you could get a little better performance from a dedicated 556 can, but I like the diversity.

just got this'un, for that same reson.....
unnamed.jpg

would like to get a suppressor for a bolt .223.. Be nice if could find one that's short, light and effective! Asking too much ??

Any recommendations ?

Thanks much !

Given that you didn't also say "cheap", you have a lot of good options. But it would be pretty hard to beat the Silencerco Scythe in Titanium. It's just over 7 ounces, and a hair over 6 inches. Another good option would be the CGS Helios in Titanium, which is about 12 ounces, IIRC, and about 6.5 inches.

The DD Wolf Hunter is exceptional. On my 18.5-in. 243, it sounds shockingly quiet. Never used it on 223, but it has to be good.

For dedicated 223 cans, the Banish 223 is superb on my Tikka with 17-in. barrel. I like it a lot. It’s quieter than the Dead Air Sierra 5, AB A-10 Warthog, and Banish Speed-K, which are all smaller.

Scythe-Ti is in bound, and it’s versatility is hard to beat.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I’d be interested in the griffin Optimus micro. I have a few sico cans, a dead air and will have a OCL polonium k as my “dedicated” .223 can but I liked that one since it’s 6mm compatible

OP
J

JPB3

FNG
Cost isn't too much of an issue..

Lots of good advice here, thanks !

Cost isn't too much of an issue..

Lots of good advice here, thanks !
In that case, definitely check out the white bread. Its lighter and smaller than the wolf hunter but it performs very well on my 22 creed. Its incredible on an 11.5" AR with supers, so I'd guess it'd be awesome on a longer 223 bolt gun too

CMCctx

FNG
Allen Engineering AEM5 or Gordon M4 sound amazing without adding too much length to the end of your barrel due to the reflex design. Dated design? Yes. Amazing performance? Also yes.

wesfromky

WKR
Allen Engineering AEM5 or Gordon M4 sound amazing without adding too much length to the end of your barrel due to the reflex design. Dated design? Yes. Amazing performance? Also yes.
Updated version by otter creek.