Best Bow Press

I have gone out and purchased just about every major brand of Bow press and this is solely my opinion and recommendation on which has been the best for me. As well as pro's and con's I have found associated with the presses.

LCA: I have owned the EZ Green and currently own the LCA Power Press deluxe and LCA ultimate press. I really like the EZ press system but it is not my favorite
Pro's: Tons of videos on how to use them with different styles of bows. Simple features, and low cost of entry on their EZ green press.
Con's: The need to constantly purchase accessories in order to keep up with bows. While the base model EZ will get you in the door if you want to work on a large variety of bows and crossbows you will need to purchase a quite a few different accessories.

Spike Press: Recently purchased it and again I like it but I am not quite in love with the system
Pro's: This is an extremely well built and precise tool. Adjustments on it are easy, and it's a very workable platform.
Con's: Price! The system itself is not cheap, the accessories needed for different bows are very expensive. The Drawboard does not mount to the bow press and it is an entirely separate system. (I really do like the QBD and will hopefully have a different post on it later.)

Total Vice Legacy Bow Press: This is easily my favorite system and is probably one of the best thought out set ups.
Pro's: Cost to entry on this, while it is $850 it come's with everything you will need to work on almost any bow on the market. I have had mine 6 months and I am yet to find something I can not work on with it. It comes with a built in draw board that allows you to check the axis on your sight if you would like to. The mounting system is superior to everyone else's, it gives you the option to swing the press out of the way when not in use. I can not say enough positive things about this bow press. If you have a question the owner of the company will be the one who helps you work through that, and his response time is phenomenal.
Con's: There currently is not a ton of information out there on how to use the press on different styles of bows, I know a lot of people refer to youtube in order the get their questions answered and currently there isn't a ton of support. (Again I can't stress this enough, if you email the company they will help you out)

My overall favorite press has got to go to Total Vice. Especially if you are an at home guy who wants the most for his money, this platform is going to have you up and running for the lowest cost and will allow you to be successful in your endeavors. It's a great product and backed by an even better owner who cares about your success.

Other presses I have used include the apple archery and X-press

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
I have the easy green and really like it it’s done everything I’ve needed so far. I can’t speak for the other presses as I’ve only used the easy green but man last chance stuff is pricey. Got the new fingers to press the new Mathews bows only to find out you can press em with the regular fingers no problem. In fact I prefer the regular ones. I need to get the cross bow part for my press so I can work on my mom’s crossbow. Just don’t wanna come off the 100 bucks lol…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87TT

WKR
My $50 home built press is everything I need. It works fast an easy on the three Hoyt bows I own. Have pressed my bows at least a thousand times without issue. Pairs well with my $20 homemade Draw board art and paper tune rack.

OP
N
I have the easy green and really like it it’s done everything I’ve needed so far. I can’t speak for the other presses as I’ve only used the easy green but man last chance stuff is pricey. Got the new fingers to press the new Mathews bows only to find out you can press em with the regular fingers no problem. In fact I prefer the regular ones. I need to get the cross bow part for my press so I can work on my mom’s crossbow. Just don’t wanna come off the 100 bucks lol…

That is my biggest draw to the Legacy press, everything you need for all bows are included from the get go.

Gmatyok

FNG
My $50 home built press is everything I need. It works fast an easy on the three Hoyt bows I own. Have pressed my bows at least a thousand times without issue. Pairs well with my $20 homemade Draw board art and paper tune rack.

This sounds better than spending so much on a press

Jon_G

WKR
Care to show us so we can copy? 😬

87TT

WKR
I use a heavier ratchet strap now and unless I am removing the limbs, I don't strap it on the bottom. I had to change limbs on the Helix once. strings and cables many times. I made an adapter for the wider gap on one side of the newer Hoyt limbs.

Jon_G

WKR
I use a heavier ratchet strap now and unless I am removing the limbs, I don't strap it on the bottom. I had to change limbs on the Helix once. strings and cables many times. I made an adapter for the wider gap on one side of the newer Hoyt limbs.
Thanks!

87TT

WKR
I don’t want to hijack this thread, so my last post. Literally 1000’s of presses with 0 issues or damage. If I found an EZ Green for $100, I would buy more arrows instead.