Best biography on the Teddy Roosevelt?

bobr1

WKR
Just finished reading endurance and undaunted courage, wanted to pick up something on Teddy Roosevelt but there are so many options. Any recommendations? Full disclosure I'd rather read something that paints a positive light than a negative one. Thanks
He has a lot of books. I really enjoyed hunting trips of a ranch man and the wilderness hunter. He also has an Africa hunting one, where the Smithsonian basically paid for him to go hunt for a year in Africa to get specimens for the museum.

Az wildcat

Lil-Rokslider
The rise of Theodore Roosevelt is a great book, I need to finish the series (3 books total). Mornings on horseback is on my read list.

Additionally history channel has a 2 part documentary on Teddy and it’s actually pretty good.

Duh

WKR
Good thread and I’m going to pick up a few of the suggestions. I just took my wife and kids out to see his homesite at the Elk Horn Ranch in the ND Badlands today. He had a sweet set up on the little Missouri River for sure. I’m guessing he had no shortage of giant bucks and bulls out there.

Attachments

• IMG_7044.jpeg
    IMG_7044.jpeg
    373.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7045.jpeg
    IMG_7045.jpeg
    566.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7046.jpeg
    IMG_7046.jpeg
    431.1 KB · Views: 26

TheCougar

WKR
Just finished reading endurance and undaunted courage, wanted to pick up something on Teddy Roosevelt but there are so many options. Any recommendations? Full disclosure I'd rather read something that paints a positive light than a negative one. Thanks
I recommend the Morris trilogy. It’s a lot of reading, but there’s a lot of ground to cover and it was excellent. I highly recommend it.

OP
K

kfili

Lil-Rokslider
I recommend the Morris trilogy. It’s a lot of reading, but there’s a lot of ground to cover and it was excellent. I highly recommend it.
That's the route I went and glad I did.

‘The wilderness hunter’ brought me back into rifle hunting from the bow some years back.

On a totally different view of some of Teddy Roosevelts awesome accomplishments.

Check out Dan Carlin’s hardcore history episode of Teddy and how his rough riders came about. Might piss a lot of people off to hear that what Dan Carlin says about Ol’ Teddy.

Episode 49- The American Peril