Best bear outfitters/state

ElGuapo

Lil-Rokslider
They are outside of your price range but you should at least talk to Glacier Guides Inc. in Southeast Alaska. They operate out of 80' yachts, chef cooked meals, and kill lots of giant black bears. Every aspect of their operation is dialed-in. Spot n stalk.
Their pricing is absolutely ludicrous……

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Misty River Outfitters in northern Alberta. Remote, fly-in hunt with a lodge, amazing pike fishing, and nice bears taken over bait. The outfitter is a great guy as well. I believe the hunts go for around $5K per person, so it should be well under your budget.
Nick runs a top notch camp. His area is to the south of mine. You would have a great hunt with Nick, and the fishing is out of this world.
Andrew Breen with Clearwater River Outfitting would be another great hunt.

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
Mikes and Misty river both look like great places to go. I’m sure we couldn’t go wrong with either after I spoke with them earlier today. If we can get everyone on board to agree that Canada is the way to go I think we will go with one of those two.

I haven’t spoken to glacier guides yet since it is out of our budget by a good amount, but it looks awesome. I need to work harder and save up some money to try it out one day!

Are you still allowed to transport game meat back to the US from Canada or is there some weird regulations against that now? From what I can tell it’s only birds that really cause any issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transporting meat and hides is no issue. All you need to take everything home is your tag.

Curhunter

FNG
Check out Misty River Outfitters in northern Alberta. Remote, fly-in hunt with a lodge, amazing pike fishing, and nice bears taken over bait. The outfitter is a great guy as well. I believe the hunts go for around $5K per person, so it should be well under your budget.
I hunted moose with them and plan on going again. Great people, it seemed more like a hunt with friends then guided.

OP
K

kcruz

FNG
Thanks for everyone's feedback so far. We are leaning on going to Canada and doing Misty River after looking into it more. We still just have the one friend who is hesitant to go and doing a bear hunt was his idea so that's the only hold up on us actually getting a deposit put down. Has anyone had any experience with Swan Mountain out of Montana?

Thanks for everyone's feedback so far. We are leaning on going to Canada and doing Misty River after looking into it more. We still just have the one friend who is hesitant to go and doing a bear hunt was his idea so that's the only hold up on us actually getting a deposit put down. Has anyone had any experience with Swan Mountain out of Montana?
I have no experience with them. Just know that it would be a different kind of bear hunt in Montana, as no baiting is allowed. Everything is glassing and spot-and-stalk.

bmrfish

WKR

I’ll second Misty River. We hunted with them last spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sivart

WKR
Looks like a thermocell would be a must. Can you fly w/ the thermacell cartridges?

I’ve got some openings in Saskatchewan Canada if interested. High success rate, color phase and can provide references if interested.

Attachments

• 88C81AB3-59D3-468E-B6A5-6AD382D9C413.jpeg
    88C81AB3-59D3-468E-B6A5-6AD382D9C413.jpeg
    558.4 KB · Views: 20

Honyock

WKR
If you're looking for a big black bear, consider the White Mountain Apache Reservation in Arizona. We hunted there in 8/2021 and all three of us got bears. Mine and a friend's measured 7'2" and my brothers was 6'6". The guide we used took over 50 bears in 2021 with the average measuring right at 7'2'. IMG_6710.jpg

dsagebiel

FNG
If you're looking for a big black bear, consider the White Mountain Apache Reservation in Arizona. We hunted there in 8/2021 and all three of us got bears. Mine and a friend's measured 7'2" and my brothers was 6'6". The guide we used took over 50 bears in 2021 with the average measuring right at 7'2'. View attachment 507546
Do you have the contact information for your outfitter? I’d like to go on this hunt.

Honyock

WKR
Tom David is the guide. Go to Worldwide Trophy Adventures website and look under black bear and Arizona. We booked through WTA.