Best Backpacking belt

sivart

WKR
Want it to be light. Want it to stretch. Any suggestions?

I have the kifaru belt, but it's just nylon, and doesn't stretch. And its heavy

fishslap

WKR
I have the marsupial, kifaru, arcade stretch, kuiu low profile, and two bison designs. My favorite for backpacking that stays tight and doesn’t pinch is a 1.5 inch bison design. It’s easy to tighten also. It is nylon and doesn’t stretch though, but wanted to throw out the option of a slimmer nylon when compared to kifaru, which is my go to every day belt.

I’ve been wearing this under my pack now for going on about 8 years for all my multi day training hikes, day hikes, and hunts, and couldn’t even begin to guess the number of days I’ve worn it in the field. It’s super low profile, infinitely adjustable, wears very comfortably under a pack belt, no buckle to deal with, and absolutely stays on as tight as you put in on initially. I’ve had other belts but there’s always been something that I didn’t like about them, but I can’t find anything about this belt that I don’t like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheGDog

WKR
Definitely give a thought to FirstLite's suspenders!

I switched over to using them because of Disc Bulges of 3mm to 5mm in my last 4 lumbars.

With regular belt... the packbelt squeezing down upon that pants-belt would make the pants-belt grind into my area(s) of injury.

To try to avoid THAT problem, I tried wearing the pants-belt loosened up enough that the backpack's packbelt could then push it downward from the motion of the packbelt, as needed. So one isn't underneath the other.

BUT... THAT leads to the pants-belt then lowering to about that area below hipcrests to near the hip joint, and if you let a belt ride in that area it starts to hobble you... BAD!.. from improper positioning upon your body.

I'll never go back to wearing a pants belt while hunting. (Unless it's some form of hunting without a pack on. Which just isn't my situation)

Best thing I love about wearing those thin lite suspenders is that if I have to piss I don't have to worry about holding the pants up after un-snapping. And lotta the time I don't even have to undo the pants.. just push em down, and the stretch of the straps gives it enough leeway to get it done. Then just tuck back in and let go of the pants edge and it goes back in place and you're back in action, without missing a beat.

The only time you think about it is when you have to take a dump in the field, which is rare for me. But, In those instances the easiest thing to do is undo the back attachment point, it'll allow you to lower your pants enough, without having to take off layers in order to remove the shoulder straps. #lifehack

Last edited:
The FL suspenders didn’t work for me. My SG lumbar pad hits the back buckle and rubs against my low back. May be a short person problem. I do like them a lot though for other hunts.

I just use an elastic snowboarding/ski belt. May be an arcade like mentioned above. I let the loose end flop below my hip belt so I don’t get any pressure points on one side

nobody

WKR
Picked up an Arcade belt earlier this year. Their website and insta-celebs are super hipster and very much not seemingly inline with the hunting way of life, but dang if it doesn’t just work. It’s low profile, the buckle doesn’t pinch, and it’s cheap.

But hey, I’m just some random guy on the internet…

Picked up an Arcade belt earlier this year. Their website and insta-celebs are super hipster and very much not seemingly inline with the hunting way of life, but dang if it doesn’t just work. It’s low profile, the buckle doesn’t pinch, and it’s cheap.

But hey, I’m just some random guy on the internet…
You’re not just a random guy on the internet, you’re nobody!

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Serious question
does the belt even matter? i just wear my same old leather belt.