Best backcountry tripod for spotting scope

mtnkid85

WKR
Please do a search in this part of the forum. Narrow it down to a few models that interest you and then it will be ALOT easier for us to help you out.

What optics are you using? What kind of hunting are you doing? Mode of transportation? etc etc

Very broad question, as there are so many factors that I don't know, but I just went through the same process and I settled on a Vortex Summit SS-P winch weighs 2lbs and costs $129.00 on Amazon. Plus it has. Life time warranty. Now you can buy much better tripods (Slik 624 634) Promaster XC525c which will run $250 - $350 depending on where you buy it. These are awesome tripods if you don't mind spending thr money. I have found that mine has worked just fine for me. I hope this helps. For some good prices for new tripods with free shipping check out sandsarchery.com which carries thr high end tripods I mentioned above.

Couple key points to research:

Cost
Size
Weight
Aluminum vs Carbon construction
Type of head you will use. This is critical as you could have the best tripod, but if the head is junk you will have a miserable experience.

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't found the perfect one for backpack hunting yet... My ideal tripod would weigh less than 2 lbs and would only have one sliding leg section as I very rarely glass standing and despise having 3 feet of tripod that I don't use but have to carry anyway. I really like the Schonfeld tripods and how compact they are.