Best AR for Coyotes…

digger

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve always found that the closest AR is the best one.Coyotes are not hard to kill.Put yourself where they are and go to shootin.

One thing to keep in mind if you have to carry it long distance is weight. I've made all my ARs fairly light weight due to the fact I hunt with them. I try to keep my barrels under 30oz. It sucks carrying a heavy weapon.
I concur. Absolutely no reason to lug around a heavy gun. All the modern changes in barrel technology allow lighter profile high-quality barrels to shoot very well depending on ammo and even do well under sustained firings. For a 5.56 barrel, I would recommend a Centurion lightweight. Perfectly gassed and very accurate. Criterion CORE is another solid choice as well.

I concur, I've got their Advanced Tactical Hunter and it'll do half MOA with handloads and 3/4 with factory fmj.
If you are getting 3/4"" groups with factory FMJ you have about the most accurate guns I have ever seen or heard of. I personally have over 30 and know a lot of people with a lot of guns. Never seen one that accurate even with some damn expensive barrels. Even the best are lucky to get MOA just because the way FMJs are made.

Lee_R

Lil-Rokslider
If you are getting 3/4"" groups with factory FMJ you have about the most accurate guns I have ever seen or heard of. I personally have over 30 and know a lot of people with a lot of guns. Never seen one that accurate even with some damn expensive barrels. Even the best are lucky to get MOA just because the way FMJs are made.
Don't think they make the model anymore, but it had a 3/4 moa guarantee. What looks like is its replacement, the All Terrain Hunter has the same guarantee.

I’ve got a RRA predator pursuit 20” that shoots great. Haven’t shot it in a few years though just because I’m a bolt gun guy at heart. I’d let it go for well under the OP’s target budget if interested.

Another vote for rock river! If they don't have what you want, then build one. When I priced out buy vs build it was a wash, unless I cut corners. Only complaint on the rock river x-1 is I'm not a huge fan of the trigger after shooting my bolt guns.

Aero has a nice complete upper with ss fluted barrel in 223 wylde 1:8 twist. I got a heck of a deal through optics planet. Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet but supposedly pretty accurate.
I have this upper on mine. And I like it a lot.

When I initially built it I didn't plan on using it as a predator rifle, but I actually really enjoy it for that. Fast follow up shots and lighter than my bolt gun.

Parts:
Aero Lower
Aero Upper fluted stainless .223 Wylde barrel
Spikes tactical lower parts kit
Magpul stock, and some furniture.

Suppressor is probably in it's future too.

Attachments

• PXL_20221120_000225256.jpg
    PXL_20221120_000225256.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 25
OP
Oakleys

Oakleys

FNG
thank you for the info gents, looks like I might be trading into a Kimber long master .223 but please keep it coming

I have this upper on mine. And I like it a lot.

When I initially built it I didn't plan on using it as a predator rifle, but I actually really enjoy it for that. Fast follow up shots and lighter than my bolt gun.

Parts:
Aero Lower
Aero Upper fluted stainless .223 Wylde barrel
Spikes tactical lower parts kit
Magpul stock, and some furniture.

Suppressor is probably in it's future too.
Nice looking setup and nice yote.
I've got a burris lpvo that I'm going to mount on mine. Didn't have the intention of using it as a predator rifle either but I might take it out on a hunt once I get it sighted in.
It's pretty close to my .243 bolt gun weight wise, which is pretty lightweight.

From reviews I read seemed like it was accurate and close to moa or better with most good ammo.
Any ammo shoot better than others or does it like pretty much anything?
Haven't had time to head to the range with mine.

Nice looking setup and nice yote.
I've got a burris lpvo that I'm going to mount on mine. Didn't have the intention of using it as a predator rifle either but I might take it out on a hunt once I get it sighted in.
It's pretty close to my .243 bolt gun weight wise, which is pretty lightweight.

From reviews I read seemed like it was accurate and close to moa or better with most good ammo.
Any ammo shoot better than others or does it like pretty much anything?
Haven't had time to head to the range with mine.
My .243 is a heavy bitch. Ha ha

I have been using the prairie enemy stuff from sierra.

I honestly sighted it in with trash fmj at 100 then bought a bunch of the Sierra stuff on sale from midway.

I'm hoping to go out in the next week, and get it more dialed.

That upper is an insane deal for what you're getting. Billet thick walled upper, semi monolithic forend, and superb quality SS barrel. Mine is an absolute hammer and very soft shooting. The gas is perfect too, I get almost no blowback running suppressed. Their two stage trigger is great too and only $100. I actually prefer them over the Geisseles and dumped all of my SSA-E's and SD-E's for the Larue trigger.

Then just slap it together on a decent lower. Personally I only run LMT lowers.

That upper is an insane deal for what you're getting. Billet thick walled upper, semi monolithic forend, and superb quality SS barrel. Mine is an absolute hammer and very soft shooting. The gas is perfect too, I get almost no blowback running suppressed. Their two stage trigger is great too and only $100. I actually prefer them over the Geisseles and dumped all of my SSA-E's and SD-E's for the Larue trigger.

Then just slap it together on a decent lower. Personally I only run LMT lowers.

Flash hider is just threaded on not tacked on i assume? 1/2x28" threads?

satchamo

WKR
Build it - you can easily put together a good shooting gun for your budget. Spend money on a trigger and barrel. Everything else is up to you as to how much you want to spend. There are some nice to haves that I can recommend but for your first gun you won’t know any different. But by the time you do number 2 you’ll realize what you want

My personal setup is a Noveske 10.5” SBR, with red dot for any time I’m in country that’s close proximity hunting, then I built an 18” upper with a Rainier mountain barrel and Vortex 4-16 scope with a vortex venom on a 45 degree mount. That way I just swap uppers depending on my needs. Both uppers are sighted in with my Nosler 62 grain Varmint load. Simply pull the 2 pins and swap uppers and put suppressor on the one I’m using.

ETtikka

WKR
Flash hider is just threaded on not tacked on i assume? 1/2x28" threads?
Yes , it is easily removed, I ended up putting a plain thread protector on mine for less noise.

Larue is impossible to beat for money, plus nobody else actually machines their own parts in house like Larue