Best AR for Coyotes…

Oakleys

FNG
Budget is $1200 or less. With so many manufacturers today. What should I go with? Haven’t really cared about ARs since I got out of the service, probably got a bad taste in my mouth from having to clean mine every day for what seemed like an eternity lol.

Gwchem

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't cleaned one of mine in at least 7500 rounds. Just dip the bcg in motor oil once in a while.

The important parts are self cleaning.

OP
Oakleys

Oakleys

FNG
Lol I don’t think that argument would have held up with my platoon Sgt. But nonetheless I do appreciate the modularity and versatility of an AR and that’s why I’m here. If I can find something that checks the box then I’ll probably just get a Tikka or Howa mini

Gwchem

Lil-Rokslider
Why not build one? Aero upper and lower, white oak or larue barrel. Lpk, stock and grip of your liking. Any free float handguard. Slap it together in an hour and I bet you have an MOA gun.

Or buy a larue. They shoot well.

Grumpy412

FNG
I built a .224 valkyrie and love it. Reaches out and stops song dogs in their tracks! Black Hole Weapontry barrel....

Attachments

• Resized_20190126_130958_2478.jpeg
    Resized_20190126_130958_2478.jpeg
    537 KB · Views: 56
  • 20190215_204406.jpg
    20190215_204406.jpg
    694.6 KB · Views: 56
OP
Oakleys

Oakleys

FNG
I’ll give them a look! Thank you! And nice work on that yote!

I say build one as well.
Aero precision uppers and Anderson lowers fit well from my experiences.
You can have a lot better quality rifle for the money building your own.
What caliber you thinking about?

Northpark

WKR
My vote would be build one! Use a quality barrel, bolt carrier group, trigger and barrel and you’ll likely have a very accurate rifle. My AR in 5.56 is my go to predator rifle. I’m in the middle of building a 6 ARC for my daughters hunting rifle right now.

OP
Oakleys

Oakleys

FNG
I’ll come up with a parts list and post it here. If you fellas want to add what to add or change I’d appreciate it. Are there any manufacturers whos parts don’t jive with each other that I should be aware of?

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
As long as its all Mil spec they match up. But if you go enhanced aero lower, you need to get their enhanced handguard though.

I had same dilemma a few years ago and went with the RRA Predator Pursuit. Wouldn't look back other than smaller scope for quick follow ups if needed.
This gun will out shoot me for sure and it loves the 53gr Vmax.

Attachments

• yote.jpeg
    yote.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 39

ETtikka

WKR
This

With a Larue lower and trigger

I have messed with aero, stag, psa , etc, the larue is a machining work of art and isn’t much more $ than aero

Their parts fit together with amazing precision.

You can build one for right at 1200$, larue doesnt charge tax, if you wanted to save 150$ or so you could use an aero lower, but you are better off investing in all larue
Why mix manufactures who don’t even make their own parts
Larue makes their own lowers, uppers, triggers, and barrels
And their warranty is awesome

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind if you have to carry it long distance is weight. I've made all my ARs fairly light weight due to the fact I hunt with them. I try to keep my barrels under 30oz. It sucks carrying a heavy weapon.