Best all purpose reloading powder, trying to minimize reloading setup

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome, thanks all. How do you use up powder you wish you wouldn’t have bought as a novice ? Haha I have over 10 pounds of win 760 from before I realized it was temp sensitive. I need to start shooting more I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Share the love brother. Send some my way!

Unckebob

WKR
Hey all, I’m trying to minimize my reloading supplies. I am thinking about cutting down calibers I hunt with to not have so many powders, primers, bullets I’ve spent too much money trying various powders, bullets etc.

I have the Hornady book and like the eld x rounds. It seems like varget is widely available for a lot of man loads. Does anyone else run a minimalist type approach to reloading? I live in an apartment and hate cluttering with too much, thanks for any input!

Burn off the powders you have and gradually replace them with your favorites in the classes you actually reload for. 1 per class maximum.

I could do very well with Varget, Staball 6.5 (or H4350) and H4381 SC.

EVO6

Lil-Rokslider
H-1000, Varget, and stabal have been the most consistent across the board for my calibers in the safe.

Rich M

WKR
Yeah H4350 is a good one, thanks. Now what do I do with all this win 760 I bought…..haha

I use W760 in 30-06 and 243 from ME to FL to WY without any issues. You gotta be careful where you get info and how you apply it.

There are better newer powders but been using W760 for a long long time. 3006 150 gr at 2900 fps, 243 100 gr in the 2850-2950 fps area depending which bullet. Not looking to modify these - i get great case life and the loads are tight shooting. No reason to change.

seand

Lil-Rokslider
Still working thru the 20# of surplus ball powder I got cheap for blaster ammo in 223/5.56. other than that for the last two years I’ve only been loading for 223/6arc/6cm/6.5 cm and only with 8208XBR or RL16. They both flow through a powder measure with acceptable accuracy and I’ve been really happy with the performance and results without weighing/trickling charges.

Ive got way too many half pounders of this and that powder that I’ve tried or ran for whatever oddball reason. It’s really nice to just buy 8#ers of just a couple powders when it works out.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
You can use H4895 and H4831 for oreomuch everything from .223 or 458 Win Mag. Never fails when I am developing loads that 4831 often performs very close the the fancy slow burning “magnum” powders. I could do with those two all the rest of my days.

7wssm

FNG
H4895 would cover almost any cartridge from 223 to 300 win mag. Not the most ideal but it will work. Need low recoil loads in your magnums, h4895 is the ticket.