Best affordable tripod and bino adapter combo ???

Lkellogg

FNG
Wanting to buy a tripod to glass off of with my binos... want lightweight as I backcountry hunt primarily, but dont want to break the bank. Options, combos, best deals?

hunterjmj

WKR
Slik tripod
Spend the money and get an outdoorsman adapter.

Pick them up used.
Agreed on the outdoorsman adapter. I've been using a Sirui for three years now and no complaints and the outdoorsman adapter lives on it.

redchinviking

Lil-Rokslider
X2…Outdoorsman’s bino adapter is best with slik634 and or sirui equivalent tripod in combo with sirui va-5. Best in the affordable ish level I could find. Consider the rrs ball head if you wanna shoot off the tripod, but is doable off the va-5. My NL’s off this setup make me very happy indeed. Blew my mind at first. Changed the game.

CorbLand

WKR
If you really don’t want to spend the money.
The field optic research adapter isn’t terrible for the money.

Last edited:

Behall

FNG
A friend recommended the Slik Sprint 150, I have used it for a few years for the price and the money hard to beat. Around $60 on Amazon, sits at about 2lbs. Add a good tripod head such as the VA -5 etc. and your set.

bpeay4

Lil-Rokslider
in my experience when using the tripod for binos it does not really matter if the tripod is of high quality. however if using the tripod for a spotter as well then you will not want a cheapo tripod. the actual head is most important but the legs need to be sturdy too.

I use the black ovis sitting tripod -- can only use it while sitting or kneeling which is fine for me. Its reasonably priced and light. The vanguard head on it is great for binos and does surprisingly well handling a 60mm spotter.

Also run the $20 vortex bino adapter. definitely not the quickest or most convenient to attach but functions the same as the adapters that are 5 times the price.

Lots of the people on here will always suggest to just spend the money -- buy once cry once mindset -- I get that but a lot of us have to shop with a budget in mind if we want to get out there and hunt with the cost of tags, applications, gas etc.

I’m running a slick tripod think it was couple hundred bucks. Little heavy but I didn’t want to spend a ton for a carbon tripod. Outdoorsman’s make a great bino adapter i would recommended that. If you find an acceptable tripod that’s cheap and light weight I’m all ears it’s a trade off.

CorbLand

WKR
Lots of the people on here will always suggest to just spend the money -- buy once cry once mindset -- I get that but a lot of us have to shop with a budget in mind if we want to get out there and hunt with the cost of tags, applications, gas etc.
There isn’t anyone that builds anything as simple and easy to use as the outdoorsman adapter. I spent way more money trying to find a cheaper version of it than I would have if I just bought it to begin with.

SwiftShot

WKR
Watch Sportmans Warehouse. I picked up the Swaro Bino mount quick release one for 25 bucks. The store had never ever sold one so the put it on sale to move it.

Jt13

FNG
I don't know much about the topic but after going some research I bought the Sirui Traveller 7c, comes with a ball head. I added a cheap Barska band bino adapter off Amazon. The whole set up is nicer than I expected it to be.

20230509_152825.jpg

This is one of those buy once cry once and be happy about it........

I am running a SLIK 634, Outdoorsman pistol grip, Outdoorsman pan head.

Fatcamp

WKR
If you really don’t want to spend the money.
The field optic research adapter isn’t terrible for the money.

I've been using the Field Optics for years on several Tripods, never a problem other than a little loose.

7mm-08

WKR
The Slik 624 Pro Carbon Fiber tripod S & S Archery sells is a very solid unit. It's not cheap, however, but it is more than adequate for a 60 +/- mm spotting scope if you wanted to go that direction in the future. You won't see many on the used market because folks hang onto quality items after purchase unless they're getting out of the backpack hunting game. Good heads are spendy.

Drenalin

WK.R
I'll be the outlier on the bino adapter and recommend the Aziak Bino Clamp. I've tried several others, not including the Outdoorsmans, and this is easily my favorite (followed closely by the RRS Cinch). I prefer the low profile and simplicity to the "stud" type adapters I've used.