Best 300 win mag mountain rifle

The Guide

WKR
Teeker's in 300 Winny,are horribly compromised,due RPM and COAL.

Pardon Mechanical Facts,as you Pretend aloud...........
I bought an original T3 in 300WM when they went on sale right before the T3X release. Didn't know it was an 11 twist so I thought I would only be able to shoot light bullets in it. Killed an elk with it a week after I bought it using a 150 soft point. Next year I had some extra ammo that I had bought when looking for a load. I shot the 165 Berger ammo and it was sub MOA, same with the Nosler 180 AccuBond and 190 AccuBond LR, and then I shot the 185 Berger ammo and had a nice little half inch group with 3 and five shots made .7 inch group. I've killed 5 more elk with that load and several deer. All of those bullets worked fine from the factory magazine. I even shot some 215 grain Bergers single fed from that rifle and those groups weren't much over an inch.

The new release (2022 I believe) Tikka 300WM barrels are a 10 twist. No longer an issue.

Jay

MOVA

FNG
I have an x bolt hc speed in 300, recoil hawg. Shot federal 180 sciroccos factory ammo under an inch out of the box. 1 in 8 twist.

The barrel is long for woods, but not terrible just need to be aware with it on your shoulder. Great in open and lightweight. Colorado, oregon, vancouver island trips so far and love it.

Recoil with the break is much less than a 270, but it is loud and a lot of muzzle blast! Can spot impact at 250 yards every time through scope from field positions.

Mag can handle the discontinued Fed 215 hybrid ammo at 3.5+ inches

RevJim

FNG
I like the plain Bergara B-14 Hunter ( for back country the Wilderness is cerakoted) It comes Pillar Bedded but I have them "skim bedded", then put a Trigger Tech Special in. I like the 2.5x8, at most 3.5x10. Good to go! Ramshot Magnum under a Barnes 175 LRX and you are set. Not the lightest, but just enough extra weight to hold steady. Have a ball Pard!