Best 2-10 MOA Hunting Scope for the money?

Hunter270Win

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve stated in another post here that I was interested in the Leupolds and I am, but now I’m curious as to whether or not there are better scopes for the money?

Most of my hunting will be with my Model 70 Super Grade in .270 (God willing I can even find one)

Also, are the VX5HDs even reliable? I’ve heard tons of opinions online regarding them not being able to hold zero well and that’s a bit spooky for a $1k optic

OP
H

Hunter270Win

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a new hunter but just want something for years that I can grow into. Want something reliable and honest.

God bless you all and thank you for your help!

z987k

WKR
I’ve stated in another post here that I was interested in the Leupolds and I am, but now I’m curious as to whether or not there are better scopes for the money?

Most of my hunting will be with my Model 70 Super Grade in .270 (God willing I can even find one)

Also, are the VX5HDs even reliable? I’ve heard tons of opinions online regarding them not being able to hold zero well and that’s a bit spooky for a $1k optic
I don't think you'll find much love for leupold on this site.

If you're willing to spend 1k, go for this. https://mavenbuilt.com/products/rs1-2-2-5-15x44-ffp
Or hold out for a used NF 2.5-10x42.
Another good option is a trijicon credo hx. They've got 2.5-10's. Euro optic has the best prices on those.

nobody

WKR
Nightforce SHV 3-10 or NXS 2.5-10 are at the top of the list by a good margin.
Trijicon Ascent 3-12 fits the bill, though I’ve never even heard of one until just now. But given that it’s a Trijicon I would consider it.

Other than that, a SFP MOA hunting scope is a hard sell around here and isn’t in as high of demand for most ‘sliders, so I’m not sure what else to recommend.

I’ve owned 2 VX5HD’s, you couldn’t gift me another one. They were horrible. I’m done with Gold Ring until they admit their short comings and start building optics that don’t do the “Leupold Shuffle” every time you site in, and that don’t wander zero inside a 2 MOA radius of where you last left them.

KU_Geo

WKR
The 2-10 range I’d discus inn the nightforce Nxs 2-10x42, nightforce SHV, leupold vx5hd, or tract Toric. I’ve had all 4 of these and still use the NXS and tract scopes for most of my hunting.

D R T

FNG
Anyone have experience with the Trijicon Credo 2-10 x 36 mil ffp? Looks like a nice little package.

I’ve only used nightforce scopes for hunting, 2.5-10x32, both are MOA. I would rather have a FFP scope, but the SFP works now that I’ve figured out a way to use it for my own success. I’ve dropped my scope out of treestands, the rig, the safe, it’s tipped over off the pack, bipod, tripod and when I leaned my rifle against trees. Zero is always there. Tracking when I dial hasn’t failed me yet either.

I have drug Leupold scopes to heck and back. I also have Zeiss, Nightforce and Maven. This site does not like them but others sites do. There are some great deals as a result currently in the classifieds. If it turns out you do not like it you can turn around and sell it here and get your money back. I plan on picking up two more from the classifieds here.

Southern Lights

Lil-Rokslider
NF SHV 3-10x42 and call it a day. Reasonable weight and size. Very reliable dialing. Holds zero. Duplex reticle works well for hunting.

JO.

Lil-Rokslider
I have a NXS 2-10 that I really like. One thing to consider is the 2-10 can be tight mounting on a LA. Mines on a Kimber 84L. Eye relief is perfect for me but there isn’t much room to move forwards or back if someone needs it. Just something to think about.

Seak_angler

FNG
Classified Approved
Has Anyone had any experience with the trijicon Ascent 3-12? I have had great experience with the accupoint 3-9 but I have never seen any reviews or videos anywhere on it. If it’s a trijicon I’d be willing to bet it’s rugged tough. Just wondering if anyone has used one before