Best 2-10 ish optic?

Mobullets

FNG
I am putting together a higher end AR with 223 Wylde chamber. Curious on some good 2-10 or similar optics that are under 1200 or so to consider

BjornF16

WKR
I’m eyeing the Trijicon Credo 2-10x38 pretty badly for light mountain rifle build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m running a Credo 2-10x36 on my 22CM.

I like this scope. It’s 23 oz.

I finally have a SWFA 3-9x42 HD on the way, so I’m interested in direct comparison (with the SWFA being 19 oz)

DropTyne

Lil-Rokslider
Any time personally behind one?
Yes, I ran one for a couple of deer seasons and was very happy. I just mounted it this week on a 22LR.

The optics are great, generous eye relief, and tracking is excellent. I have never experienced issue with RTZ, or maintaining zero.

I am not running it on a hunting rifle solely because I migrated to Mil/FFP scopes.

BjornF16

WKR
Tract Toric 2-10×42 if you are looking a SFP scope.
I’d carefully read the scope drop eval of another Tract Toric before laying out any $$$

TheCreeds

FNG
I’m running a Credo 2-10x36 on my 22CM.

I like this scope. It’s 23 oz.

I finally have a SWFA 3-9x42 HD on the way, so I’m interested in direct comparison (with the SWFA being 19 oz)
Have you had a chance to compare these yet? With the 3-9 be unobtainium I have been looking at the credo 2-10.

Have you had a chance to compare these yet? With the 3-9 be unobtainium I have been looking at the credo 2-10.

The two optics aren’t even in the same league, the Credo blows the SWFA out of the water.

It has better turrets that are lower profile, more positive and audible with zero stop and capped windage. It has better glass, better reticle, illumination, better FOV, more magnification on the top end and lower on the bottom end, better diopter adjustment, and the eye relief barely changes throughout the mag range whereas the SWFA shifts over an inch.

I’ve owned a few of the SWFA 3-9’s and I really don’t understand the fascination with them because it’s a very mediocre optic that does nothing well and despite the beliefs of absolute reliability there are plenty of documented cases where they have had failures including from users on this very website.

I’ll throw in a vote for the NF 2.5-10x. I really like mine, but it is a discontinued 32mm model with a velocity 600 reticle.

PlumberED

WKR
NF 3 x10 SHV or the NF NXS 2.5-10. The 3x10 SHV has little more magnification than you desire on the low end and it is not fancy but it is a solid, dependable scope.

BjornF16

WKR
Redneck hit the highlights, but I'm not as cynical towards the SWFA.

For me, the Credo has better turrets which are more tactile, better eye relief, better glass with illuminated reticle.

The SWFA has a better reticle which doesn't really need illumination for 99% of hunters, and larger objective.

TxLite

WKR
The two optics aren’t even in the same league, the Credo blows the SWFA out of the water.

It has better turrets that are lower profile, more positive and audible with zero stop and capped windage. It has better glass, better reticle, illumination, better FOV, more magnification on the top end and lower on the bottom end, better diopter adjustment, and the eye relief barely changes throughout the mag range whereas the SWFA shifts over an inch.
Have you had a chance to see how the 36mm objective is performing in low light in comparison to some of the 42-44mm objectives?

Most of my hunting is for whitetail and in the areas I typically hunt, they typically show up right at the first or last 30 minutes of legal shooting light.

BjornF16

WKR
Have you had a chance to see how the 36mm objective is performing in low light in comparison to some of the 42-44mm objectives?

Most of my hunting is for whitetail and in the areas I typically hunt, they typically show up right at the first or last 30 minutes of legal shooting light.
Last December, I experimented with low light capability watching a young whitetail that I was passing on. Without reticle illumination, I could have made a 100 yard shot past legal shooting hours (sunset +30) on an overcast evening with a heavily wooded background on 5-6x power with the Credeo 2-10x36. 4x and below I couldn't really make out reticle. Above 6x, the overall image was too dark. Overall, it dispelled any concerns I had about the scope. However, I will say that I prefer the Tenmile 3-18x44 better; not much of a weight penalty for larger objective.