Beretta BRX1

OP
L
You're welcome😁...and yes, I thought they would be selling higher, but this price is appealing to me (much more and I'd be out). However, they show a 24" 300WM for $300 more (no thanks).

Would definitely like to handle one. Perhaps one of our fellow Sliders visiting SHOT Show can give us their impression.

Last edited:
I love the idea of a straight pull bolt. I am not in love with the safety on that however. Backfire Youtube channel did a review on it and the operation of it looked like it may be an issue when using gloves or in a hurry.

I'll have to watch that video again.

It is right about the 2:13 mark in the video. Having to press down on the backside while also moving it backwards to put it back into safe is where I think the issue will be. Also that thing is HUUUUUGGGGEEEE.

Reddish

Lil-Rokslider
After handling one, I wouldn’t get one. You can grab the bolt anywhere and slide it back. The release is a little tab on the side, if dirt or anything gets under that, you bust yourself in the face running the bolt …actually witnessed that while in the shop, funny to watch but terrible design. You can also bounce the rifle on the buttstock and it will open the bolt out of battery. It has a lot of cool features, but some very overlooked design issues.