Belt?

What do you wear for a belt?

I'm 41, and have worn jeans just about everywhere since I was a kid. 15ish years ago I moved towards pretty much entirely wool/synthetic for socks, underwear, shirts... But still clung to jeans and a good leather belt. For the last 6-7 years it's been a plain Filson leather belt with a brass buckle.

But in the past 6 months I've switched to modern pants. Mostly wearing Orvis tech pants these days. Let's not talk about how many pair I own.

The old school leather belt gets all sweat soaked and I'm wondering if there's another option I should be looking at.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
A lot of good belts out there and I way too many types! I guess it depends on what you're looking for. I like a sleek buckle in most cases, and a belt that dries quickly and does not leave any residue/marks on clothing. Argali, and Kuiu are good belts for hunting. My daily go to belt is a 5.11. They make a few different belts that work well for all-around use. Grip6 is a nice looking, no frills belt that looks good with shorts, pants, almost everything. Simple clean buckle system that hides the tag end. The Grip6 works well with lightweight OR (hiking) pants, but you have to get used to using that style of buckle. I still have some high quality leather belts, but do not wear them much due to their bulk, but they do have thier purpose. Good luck with your search.

Jmort1754

WKR
I wear 3 different belts with one being my favorite now.

Ridge stretch belt
Marsupial stretch belt

Neither of which hold up a pistol real well.

I bought a hunter constantine belt about 3 months ago and its all I wear now, well worth the money to me as it supports my x macro well and holds my pants up on my flat ass.

The real question is do the orvis techs fit a bit looser than the ATG wrangler pants?

OP
displacedtexan
The real question is do the orvis techs fit a bit looser than the ATG wrangler pants?
I don't have any of those, but a good friend wears them, with about the same build as me.

They don't seem to fit too different.

They aren't loose fitting at all, which is what I like.

I quit wearing jeans a few years ago. I wear ATG wranglers, Kuiu, a few others. I use a loop belt from Amazon. Uses Velcro instead of a buckle. I have two Grip6 belts and while they are great belts, I hate the buckle system. Their socks are all I wear now.

Ive got a couple of arcades i like. you do have to readjust every now and then. They will slip. I like the buckle (or lack thereof as they are super slim.

Like the OP I’ve always been a leather belt and jeans guy. A couple weeks ago I got a chockstone belt from black ovis as a gift and so far I really like it.

I’m not quite sure how to describe how it’s different than a leather belt- I have one pair of pants that’s a little too big- it seems like my leather belt takes up all the slack in the front while the chockstone seems to take it up all the way around my waist so it seems more comfortable.

wyosteve

WKR
I bought a Kuiu a few years ago based on the claim that it wouldn't slip. Not true. Can't keep it tight no matter what I try. Wouldn't recommend it.