Bed mattresses at home

My fiancé bought a tempurpedic right before we got together, costs thousands and we don’t sleep good at all on it! I’m ready to buy a new one and I’d be open to one of the online ones. Like a couple others mentioned, adult time isn’t as fun. No support on the edges. I wake up stiff every morning.

mapticon

FNG
I stayed somewhere once that had a latex mattress topper on the bed. I quickly went a bought one from
Amazon for $120 and haven't looked back. I'll never spend money on an expensive mattress again. Been sleeping on my topper for 4 years and it looks brand new. From here on out I'll use whatever mattress is cheapest + my latex topper.

Pro tip: I've recently found that silk pillow cases are the only way to go too.

My wife and I have a cheap Sealy Pillow top. Put a 3” topper on it and sleep fantastic. No such thing as adult time with 3 young kids! Lol

WCB

WKR
not sure of the brand but we just had one delivered to our house. We went and looked at mattresses and found the firmness we liked. Then the wife ordered one for about $700...zero complaints. Our friends have the same brand and like it more than their $2,000 tempru pedic mattress. No way I'm spending more than $1,000 on a mattress let alone multiple thousands and no way I would ever buy one at a store and haul it home.

wesfromky

WKR
Mattress stores are a bigger scam then most used car dealerships. I got a tuft and needle 6 years ago and love it.

There is also a lot more to good sleep than just the mattress. Things like having a totally dark room and cool temps, avoiding looking at screens before hand, caffeine, etc all play a part.,

Ursus1975

FNG
10 years ago we got all new furniture after I built our house including new mattress, pretty firm tempurpetic. About a month ago we needed to replace it so we went back with tempurpedic. Ordered it online , came right to the house. Been very pleased with it so far. It is the foam and it takes a little getting use to but its good for me. Again pillow is super important for me, never knew the difference until we got some quality pillows. God luck

Just recently replaced a 15ish year old mattress. Was in Costco and got to looking at their foam mattresses in boxes. Wasn't convinced and asked about returns, they said 60 days so I went home with one. Novafoam and stepped up to a king from a queen. From the very first night I have slept 100% through the night and don't even remember waking up or rolling over. Been around a month now, I wake up before my alarm and ready to go.
It is a little warm, so we have the thermostat set to cool way down at night because we did get too hot a few nights. My wife is never warm and has woke up soaked in sweat a few nights (granted she went to bed with pajamas and a sweatshirt or jacket on).
Never imagined a mattress from a box being this good, and can't imagine ending up with a better mattress from anywhere.

I bought an individual coil with gel foam several years ago and it's been great. It's an off brand made in the Serta factory in Denver, I believe. After seven or so year, it's starting to get worn in but I wouldn't hesitate to buy exactly the same one.

Anozira

WKR
The wife and I enjoy our purple mattress as well. I think mattress' are a very personal item. What works for some people doesn't work very well for others.

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
I have an all latex mattress and its the best mattress I have ever slept on. I did not like memory foam and the latex foam is much more responsive and sleeps cooler.