Bear weight, thoughts

Beendare

WKR
I know! I’ve called the bio >10x and still nothing. Bummed
Yeah, let me guess...you are in CA. The game dept there have turned into a bunch of anti hunting folks.

If that bear was in Ca, it's probably a problem bear that was captured in one of the parks and collared to see if it finds its way back. You did us all a favor shooting that problem bear.

The bears in the Sierras don't get as huge unless they have a garbage dump or equal food source- avg bear I've seen is 120# and yours looks to be a little bigger. It's something to consider if you plan on eating it [the food source] I wouldn't eat one of those dump bears.

OP
Sierra Hunter
Yeah, let me guess...you are in CA. The game dept there have turned into a bunch of anti hunting folks.

If that bear was in Ca, it's probably a problem bear that was captured in one of the parks and collared to see if it finds its way back. You did us all a favor shooting that problem bear.

The bears in the Sierras don't get as huge unless they have a garbage dump or equal food source- avg bear I've seen is 120# and yours looks to be a little bigger. It's something to consider if you plan on eating it [the food source] I wouldn't eat one of those dump bears.
I do know he was a problem bear and was hassling a campsite. The bio was able to tell me a little, he’s a good dude and a hunter I just get the impression he’s swamped and this is low on the list. I killed him in a berry patch and in a wilderness area but he certainly could have put on size by stealing everyone’s smores.

OP
Sierra Hunter
Great bear. I almost hate reading these, as they're generally Dinks posted from an East Coast flatlander shooting 87lb bears in Ontario over bait.

That....is a nice one.
Much appreciated and you’re right, often I’m left thinking they’re Rottweiler size.