Bear attack or homicide in Montana

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Interesting case for sure. Wonder what lead the initial caller to believe it was a bear attack?....perhaps a clue..?

MNGrouser

Lil-Rokslider
"According to the report, the victim died from multiple chop wounds." Yeah, I can see how that would look like a bear attack. If I stumbled upon that in a tent in the woods. 1) I would think bear. 2) I wouldn't do enough of a personal investigation to think something other than a bear.

Scary world we're living in.

t_carlson

WKR
Interesting case for sure. Wonder what lead the initial caller to believe it was a bear attack?....perhaps a clue..?

I would imagine a hatchet attack looks pretty similar to a bear attack most of the time, but my bet is that the friend who reported did it.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I would imagine a hatchet attack looks pretty similar to a bear attack most of the time, but my bet is that the friend who reported did it.
I would say that's a safe bet. Just a wild guess though.

The fact that the caller knows the victim is interesting and the fact the caller proposed a possible cause of death is also interesting.

I couldn't imagine how a homicide via hatchet or axe could look like a bear attack.

Last edited:

Tradchef

WKR
That wasn’t a bear attack. That area has been having some issues over the last couple of years with vehicle break ins and theft. I know that area well and it’s sad this is even happening there. But with all of the people that are moving here legally and illegally and the massive drug issues in Big Sky I feel like we are going to start seeing more of this kind of crap out in our public lands. Super sad and condolences to the family.

TaperPin

WKR
Back in college I lived with 4 other guys in a big old house near downtown. At that time Fort Collins and Boulder CO were well supplied with all kinds of party drugs for well off college kids, probably still are, and with our location we saw many strung out kids walking home. One night a dude walked in the house, passed right next a roommate doing homework on the kitchen table, peed on the kitchen floor, then the guy pooped in his hand and wiped it all over the walls in the bathroom, and calmly walked out. The phantom shitter had struck.

I don’t know what kind of drugs makes a person think that’s a cool idea.