Be sure to update your Inreach Sync and Firmware!

cnelk

WKR
A quick reminder to update your InReach unit.

Its been awhile since Ive done an update/sync on my computer with the unit.
I found out my sync firmware was outdated and had do uninstall the old download, do a restart, and reinstall the new one.

It took a bit of time to complete everything but Im now up to date with firmware and all updates

From now on, Im going to try to remember to sync to the computer more often.

87TT

WKR
Went out Monday and mine kept saying poor GPS signal. came home and synced it and still not working. Had to du the hard shutdown and turn it back on. Seems to work now and messages are going through. It is an old DeLorme Inreach SE.

Running into the same problem with my old DeLorme Inreach Explorer. It just says poor GPS signal. How do you do a hard shut down?

87TT

WKR
Running into the same problem with my old DeLorme Inreach Explorer. It just says poor GPS signal. How do you do a hard shut down?
Actually the soft shut down.
Try doing a soft reset. You can do that by holding the X and the Down buttons at the same time for 60 seconds. Once the time has elapsed, release the buttons and power it on normally, by holding the Check button for a couple seconds until the power on confirmation screen appears.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
A quick reminder to update your InReach unit.

Its been awhile since Ive done an update/sync on my computer with the unit.
I found out my sync firmware was outdated and had do uninstall the old download, do a restart, and reinstall the new one.

It took a bit of time to complete everything but Im now up to date with firmware and all updates

From now on, Im going to try to remember to sync to the computer more often.
wanted to thank you for posting this. Don’t know why I have such a hard time remembering this each year. Had a guy in camp this year with bad inReach service and we deterimined that it just needed synced

hoping inReach gets up to speed in getting these updates automatically. Not sure if it’s possible with a satellite signal but Moultrie’s cell cams can do it, so I’m wishing…

thanks again!