WTS/WTT Be Careful

LoneStar

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I tried to purchase a Kuiu Northridge rain jacket from @TravisIN and he politely told me it was spoken for. A few hours later I received a PM from another individual claiming he had the jacket available. Something didn't seem right and I had to go back to check the original thread. @TravisIN is a GOOD guy, but this other person was trying to scam $100 out of me. screenshot of contact and name of account

1724110726070.png

OP
L

LoneStar

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
When I asked for a picture of the jacket he was able to send one with the user name and today's date, so be extra cautious!

HouseCL

FNG
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When I asked for a picture of the jacket he was able to send one with the user name and today's date, so be extra cautious!
They are able to photoshop a post-it note or other piece of paper with the name and date on it. If you have any question at all, ask them to FaceTime to verify that they possess the item.

Only pay via goods and services. If they pressure you to pay via FF, it’s probably a scam

If their writing contains strange phrasing that is formally grammatically correct but no native English speaking would actually use, it’s probably a scam

If the name on their payment account doesn’t match the name they give you or they say they’re using their brothers/sons/cousins Zelle account, it’s probably a scam

If it seems too good to be true, it is.

TravisIN

WKR
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Sheesh I read the preview of the thread and thought that was about to get awkward haha. That’s crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7mm-08

WKR
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
You should report this to one of the moderators so they can lock his access to the site and ban him.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They are able to photoshop a post-it note or other piece of paper with the name and date on it. If you have any question at all, ask them to FaceTime to verify that they possess the item.

Only pay via goods and services. If they pressure you to pay via FF, it’s probably a scam

If their writing contains strange phrasing that is formally grammatically correct but no native English speaking would actually use, it’s probably a scam

If the name on their payment account doesn’t match the name they give you or they say they’re using their brothers/sons/cousins Zelle account, it’s probably a scam

If it seems too good to be true, it is.
90% of the folks on these forms want you to pay family and friends to cover the extra cost?. I was scam on here from that also? So goods and service you cover the extra cost..

HouseCL

FNG
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
90% of the folks on these forms want you to pay family and friends to cover the extra cost?. I was scam on here from that also? So goods and service you cover the extra cost..
Yes, pay goods and service and cover the cost obviously. Paying that 3% fee is well worth the security. If you offer to cover the cost but the seller still pressures you to pay FF, that should set off alarm bells

Arlie

FNG
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just to confirm Travis is good. I bought the jacket from him.

Thanks for the warning on the scam attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes, pay goods and service and cover the cost obviously. Paying that 3% fee is well worth the security. If you offer to cover the cost but the seller still pressures you to pay FF, that should set off alarm bells
Thanks, that makes sense. How do y’all pay with PayPal? I’ve heard they not allow you to buy firearms? Reason I asked is I’m very interested in a 6.5 Christian arms that’s on here. I do not have an account set up in the system. But I do have PayPal. Thanks for your help.

Tjdeerslayer37

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that makes sense. How do y’all pay with PayPal? I’ve heard they not allow you to buy firearms? Reason I asked is I’m very interested in a 6.5 Christian arms that’s on here. I do not have an account set up in the system. But I do have PayPal. Thanks for your help.
paypal wont cover any issue you have if you buy something on their no-go list. they also may hold the funds (forever) if you are selling no-go items. i know a few guys into high end knives that lost thousands like this when paypal seized their accounts.

HouseCL

FNG
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If you want to buy a firearm off here you can’t rely on the PayPal protection. I would suggest you evaluate the persons feedback on here or other places like eBay etc. Ask them to FaceTime with you to verify that they are who they say they are and they have the firearm. Get their phone number, email and physical address and do your due diligence to make sure that info is legit. If all that checks out, it’s fine to pay with FF but leave the comments blank. I have purchased a rifle successfully off Rokslide like this. Overall it should be doable but again, if there are any alarm bells, back out of the deal. If the seller is pressuring you in any way, that is a red flag in my mind. Honestly this advice goes for any high dollar item whether it be optics, bows, firearms etc.

Luckily I feel like I haven’t seen scammers trying to scam people on firearm deals as it’s probably territory they don’t want to be in but I’m sure they’re out there.

rodney747

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was approached in somewhat the same manner. Red flag was to immediately go to texting vs PM's on the Slide. Was using a well known member and good guy's info from here. How they do it confuses me BUT there will always be some type of red flag they slip up on if you're very careful.