BDL inlet DBM

HUNT JR

WKR
Is there a company that makes a BDL compatible drop box bottom metal? Is there anything I’m overlooking by doing it that way vs going m5 and have the stock inlet reworked?

Opening up bdl to m5 is not hard at all. I've done it on 3 Mcmillans and an hs stock with just a dremel and about 5 minutes of time.

Hs uses proprietary magazines and I've had a few sets over the years but an m5 footprint and aics style mags is the way to go imo. You have options for flush fit mags, 5rnd, 10rnd, binderless.

Mag_7s

WKR
In my honest opinion I would sell that stock and buy a properly inletted M5. If you do open it up yourself, I would bed the metal to reduce any potential torque imposed on the action from an improper fit.

In my honest opinion I would sell that stock and buy a properly inletted M5. If you do open it up yourself, I would bed the metal to reduce any potential torque imposed on the action from an improper fit.

Have you had that happen to the ones you've opened up? I haven't seen it happen yet, admittedly though my sample size is only 4.

Mag_7s

WKR
Nope, I've never changed an inlet. Having a stress free action is pretty important to me, and I wouldn't trust myself trying to change an inlet with a dremel tool. Just me though and my opinion.

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
Another one for the HS Precision

I built a rifle last year on an AG Composite stock inletted for a BDL and a AnTi action. I could not for the life of me get the rounds to feed right out of the hinged floor plate. A bunch of life stuff happened and I wasn't able to fiddle with it for months. I was coming up on hunting season and hell bent on using the rifle. I bought the HS Precision DBM and it was a near perfect fit. I had to take the smallest wisp of stock off with the dremel behind the rear action screw area. Popped right in and fed perfect.

For what it's worth, I also tried the Magpul version first b/c it was cheaper, but it wasn't even close to fitting. I was going to have to mill a bunch of stock away which I didn't trust myself to do.

Cp004

FNG
Opening up bdl to m5 is not hard at all. I've done it on 3 Mcmillans and an hs stock with just a dremel and about 5 minutes of time.

Hs uses proprietary magazines and I've had a few sets over the years but an m5 footprint and aics style mags is the way to go imo. You have options for flush fit mags, 5rnd, 10rnd, binderless.
On the stocks you’ve opened up to an m5 inlet. Did you deremel down the rear pillar to to fit the deeper inlet? How difficult was it to keep it flat?