BC moose outfitters

So I’m looking for a BC Moose/caribou combo hunt in the near future. Heavy on the moose lighter on the caribou. I’m looking for a backcountry horseback hunt during the heat of the moose rut. Looking to drive up from Missouri and take any and all meat home.
So far I’m looking at these 3 different outfitters, but I’m absolutely open to suggestions.

Blake Williams at Golden Bear Outfitters out of Telegraph Creek
Fraser McDonald at Circle M Outfitters
Ron Steffey at Moose Valley Outfitters

Any advice or opinions on dates areas and outfitters would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nolan

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
I am not entirely privy to the whole situation but I know where has been some outfitters in BC that have had their caribou tags pulled from them on short notice. Also I know of another outfitter that had his moose season cut from 5 weeks to 2 weeks on short notice. After his hunts were all booked from what I understand.

Just make sure to have these conversations with the potential outfitters, I think it would be a super tough situation if an outfitter had a full season of hunters booked and than had his season reduced by 60% and all his caribou tags pulled.

I always dreamed of owning a BC outfitting concession, but the way the NDP government and native affairs are in British Columbia right now as an outfitter I wouldnt touch BC with a ten foot pole.

Im not saying there isnt great outfitters offering top notch hunts, Im just saying the BC government doesnt really appear to want to play ball with the outfitters.

I looked into BC pretty hard a while back and Fraser McDonald at Circle M Outfitters came recommended by knowledgeable folks. Don’t remember who that was, though.

BlueStone Guiding & Adventures
Kawdy Outfitters
Tahltan Outfitters
Fire Mountain Outfitters

These guys should be at the top of your list for a BC horseback Moose/Caribou combo. Late September to early October is usually prime. Lots of threads on this topic with reviews, good luck in your search.

Fishn4eyes

Lil-Rokslider
I just did this hunt with Dustin Roe and Backcountry BC and Beyond.

I've known Dustin for a long time and me and a buddy had a great hunt both shooting nice moose and nice caribou.

It was a good hunt in some incredible country.

I'd do it again in a heart-beat.

PM me with any questions.

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted BC with Ron and Brenda Fleming (Love Bros and Lee is the outfit name) their daughter and son-in-law run Fire Mountain Outfitters. They are great people and they offer moose and caribou hunts on horseback.