Bat machine actions

WKR

WKR
Starting my 7 prc build and decided on going with a Bat action
My question is what is the difference between the vampire and the vesper and which is better?
I know the vampire is aluminum with a steel insert and only the bolt is nitride vs the vesper which is all steel and all of it is nitride coated.

Also I want to put it in an xlr element, does xlr have a specific inlet for the flat bottom actions or is it just the standard long action rem 700 clone chassis ?

BBob

WKR
The Vesper I believe is a special for Unknown Munitions. It's a steel body where the Vampire is aluminum with a threaded steel insert up front. Vesper is a round body that'll fit most Rem 700 stock inlets where the Vampire is a flat bottom and requires it's own inlet. It's pretty easy to modify a standard Rem inlet for the Vampire but it takes a mill to flatten the bottom of the inlet. Most will inlet for the Vampire now and XLR added Bumblebee/Vampire inlets awhile back. I wouldn't say one is better than the other, it's more what are your preferences in visuals as I don't think functionally one is better than the other. I have a Bumblebee and it's a very fine and smooth action. The Bumblebee and Vampire are hard anodized and with the nitrided bolt runs really smooth. I lean towards the Vampire but that's me.

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
Starting my 7 prc build and decided on going with a Bat action
My question is what is the difference between the vampire and the vesper and which is better?
I know the vampire is aluminum with a steel insert and only the bolt is nitride vs the vesper which is all steel and all of it is nitride coated.

Also I want to put it in an xlr element, does xlr have a specific inlet for the flat bottom actions or is it just the standard long action rem 700 clone chassis ?
You must have been modifying your post while I was typing as I see we overlapped and I'm pretty sure some of it wasn't there when I started :ROFLMAO:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I have both, and both are great. IF you buy and sell a lot, the Vesper is the way to go for resell value because of the 700 footprint. I have a bumblebee in an XLR Chassis, and it fits like a glove.

Here is a podcast we did with the owner of BAT

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
I have both, and both are great. IF you buy and sell a lot, the Vesper is the way to go for resell value because of the 700 footprint. I have a bumblebee in an XLR Chassis, and it fits like a glove.

Here is a podcast we did with the owner of BAT

I'm leaning toward the vampire as I dont think ill ever want to sell this build, but did you feel the need to have your chassis stock skim bedded for the bumblebee? Or was it a true drop in?
Also did you have the action body nitride treated?

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
You must have been modifying your post while I was typing as I see we overlapped and I'm pretty sure some of it wasn't there when I started :ROFLMAO:
Haha nope that was the unedited original post...but it was late and you might a skimmed through it on your first pass 😆

SNelson

FNG
I'm leaning toward the vampire as I dont think ill ever want to sell this build, but did you feel the need to have your chassis stock skim bedded for the bumblebee? Or was it a true drop in?
Also did you have the action body nitride treated?
Here’s a Vampire in a XLR. If it fit any better I’d have to use a hammer to get it apart.

Attachments

• IMG_4658.jpeg
    IMG_4658.jpeg
    421.6 KB · Views: 130
OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Thanks for the responses guys, looks like I'm spending some money this week 😁

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Anyone know where I can find a vampire in stock ? I haven't been able to reach Bat machine on their phone number

BBob

WKR
I haven’t seen stock anywhere for a bit. Bruno’s and Bullet Central are out. BAT is currently 7-8 months lead time with direct orders. Email on their contact page is the fastest to get a response. Steve will likely respond but he may be backed up a day or two. They may be able to tell you who has received any recently or who might have some in order. You might try asking Bullet Central if they have any on order and what an ETA might be, same for Bruno.

I can’t get the BAT that I want either and I’m going to be forced to buy a Kelbly to get closest to what I want. Some actions are tough to get right now.

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
From Daryle at BAT

“I show I have 3 Bumblebee in stock. And two 308 bolt face Vampires. Next run of both will be around the start of hunting season I expect.”

BBob

WKR
From Daryle at BAT

“I show I have 3 Bumblebee in stock. And two 308 bolt face Vampires. Next run of both will be around the start of hunting season I expect.”
I'd think with the modular bolt they could swap it and get this guy a Vampire in a magnum. Worth a shot to ask.

Axlrod

WKR
I had Alex Wheeler build me a 30 Nos. Bat Vampire with a Bix n Andy Tac Sport trigger. They are first class actions all the way. Alex told me he checks everything on all actions he builds guns on- ignition timing, pin fall, extraction timing etc. he said all actions leave his shop perfect, but that the Bat's are closest to perfect when he gets them.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aus_bowhunter