basement ceiling paint it or sheet rock

Crusader

WKR
Here’s a picture of ours. Just moved in and don’t have real furniture down there yet ;)
We (well, the contractor we hired) did the same thing 9 years ago whe our basement was finished, used the dryfall paint. It looks great, everyone comments on it. We love it. And if you ever have problems and need to repair/deal with something, it's all exposed so makes it much easier.

TJI's above a habitable space need fire protection. Rock it. Put some insulation batts in first for sound deadening.

OP
RyanT26

RyanT26

WKR
TJI's above a habitable space need fire protection. Rock it. Put some insulation batts in first for sound deadening.
Thats the first problem we ran into was after talking with the building inspector here in town.
There is a company in Texas that makes a spray on coating that gives it the same class A fire rating as covering it with rock. $70 a gallon and a gallon covers 300 ft.² so if I use that I’d be looking additional $150.
You can paint over it with any latex space paint.

Already told the wife that if we put rock back up I’ll hire it done. I hate putting up sheet rock.

I put metal roofing up as the ceiling in my basement. Gives it a nice finished look and I can take down panels if needed.