Base layer T-shirt. Best synthetic options?

chocolab

Lil-Rokslider
I often wear a base layer merino short sleeve t-shirt under whatever comes next, sometimes a merino hoody, sometimes something like a sitka core ltwt hoody, or kuiu 97 hoody. I'd like to consider a synthetic option but am not sure what the best options are. I have a sitka core ltwt short sleeve t shirt, just don't love the feel/comfort/fit of it. What else is out there that folks would consider using as a colder weather base layer. Kuiu 118 short sleeve? something from a non-hunting brand? looking for comfort, wicking, quick drying, doesn't reek immediately upon sweating. Maybe just quit the short sleeve and go straight to the core ltwt hoody or 97 hoody? use will be high exertion hunting with extended stationary periods (glassing).

Drenalin

WKR
If you like the Sitka lightweight hoodie, I’d go straight to that. I don’t care for that fabric, but like the Peloton 118 long sleeve for the same use you described.

OP
chocolab

chocolab

Lil-Rokslider
If you like the Sitka lightweight hoodie, I’d go straight to that. I don’t care for that fabric, but like the Peloton 118 long sleeve for the same use you described.

I have a sitka short sleeve core lightweight that is a completely different fabric than the core lightweight hoody. they were purchased probably a year or 2 apart, but clearly something changed. I like the hoody material, not the ss so much. looking at that 118 maybe.

Sitka did swap up their LW fabric a while back. I prefer my older stuff too. I am trying and liking the kuiu 118 so far. They have a Labor Day sale going now.

Not sure if you are set on a hunting brand or how you feel about commie / pinko / lefty / granola manufacturers, but I still reach for my Patagonia capelene regularly. They have some greys and greens that don’t stand out too badly in the woods.

ccarter

FNG
I have a SS UnderArmour heat gear shirt that is fairly fitted and very smooth on the outside, so the next layer goes on without bunching up under the sleeves. I like a fairly snug-fitting shirt on my torso that I can tuck in to keep drafts out, and keep my belt from rubbing while sitting, and this year (September Archery) I'm going to try a sleeveless Nike DriFit shirt under the Sitka Core ltwt hoody and Kuiu Tiburon Zip T.

I agree that the hunting brands stuff doesn't feel as comfortable against the skin as some of the sports brands.

OP
chocolab

chocolab

Lil-Rokslider
quick update. I picked up the kuiu 118 short sleeve and it's more or less just what I was looking for. I wish it fit just every so slightly tighter, but great fabric, and in limited testing seemed to handle my ridiculous sweating situation.