WTB Barrett Fieldcraft LA - .270 or 30-06

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to pick up a 6.5CM recently and I like the rifle.

.270 and .30-06 are my preferred hunting rounds so I’m curious to see if anyone has one or knows someone who may be interested in selling a good condition LA Fieldcraft.

It doesn’t have to be new and I don’t really care about dings and rub marks as long as the crown and internals are in good shape.

Please PM me if anyone would like to have a conversation.

Thanks,

MB

Any chance you sell the 6.5?
Even though I'm not a 6.5CM guy, I am not sure I could bring myself to part with this particular rifle.

Short Story...

I normally zero rifles by laying prone in my truck bed, dropping the tailgate and shooting off of bags in front and back of the rifle.

I shoot steel and just drive further away from the target stand, depending on what I want for a zero.

For bolt guns, I normally pull the bolt and put the rifle in a Tipton cleaning vice where I can visually bore site at 50 yards or so. By the time I get to my property, I'll be on steel at 50 yards and I start to zero from there.

So I put a Vortex Razor Light Hunter 3-15x42 on this 21" 6.5CM I picked up.

I shoot 1 shot at 50 yards, make the necessary correction and back up to 100 yards. I shoot 2 shots at 100 yards, make the correction and move on to 200 yards. I shoot 3 shots at 200 yards, get my group, make my final adjustments and...

The next 3 shot group was not only in the center of the 10 ring I painted, the little indentations that a 6.5CM makes at 200 yards were also so close to each other that you could cover them with a quarter...no BS.

To say this 6.5CM is sub-MOA would be doing it an injustice. It literally stacks bullets in the same hole.

I have put 2 boxes of ammo through it at different ranges and it's boringly consistent.

I am shooting factory Hornady 143 ELD-X through it.

So no, I don't think I could bring myself to part with it unless someone had a 24" .270 or 30-06 and could demonstrate that their rifle shoots just as well. Then, I would trade.

Same experience with my 6mm CM with three difference bullets, two different primers and two different powders. 5-shots under a dime. I have a 308 that does the same thing. Crazy accurate stock rifles!

Alright, got the 30-06 covered. Thank you @USMC-40

If anyone has a 9 Twist .270, I would still have a conversation about that rifle. Please let me know.

Thanks again,

MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back